Rockwell 440cc and a kenbar streaker?

Sparkwizard

Well-known member
Messages
706
Reaction score
841
Location
Richlands ,NC USA
After years under cars with a torch and a welder, I got tired of going to an eye doctor, so I bought an EYE MAGNET. It is like a pencil with a strong , smooth curved magnet on one end and a loop on nylon fishing line on the other. I could press that magnet to my eyeball right next to an embedded (cutting torch slag) and it would pop right out. The loop was for nonferrous debris. It does not hurt at all if you get it in a few minutes.
Sleeping, or trying to sleep with a foreign object srcaping your eyelid is tre worst thing. I also have an eye cup. Put saline solution or water in it, press it to your eye, lean back and open your eye. Goggles beat glasses and face mask 100%.
 

Thepartsguy

Well-known member
Messages
1,529
Reaction score
1,412
After years under cars with a torch and a welder, I got tired of going to an eye doctor, so I bought an EYE MAGNET. It is like a pencil with a strong , smooth curved magnet on one end and a loop on nylon fishing line on the other. I could press that magnet to my eyeball right next to an embedded (cutting torch slag) and it would pop right out. The loop was for nonferrous debris. It does not hurt at all if you get it in a few minutes.
Sleeping, or trying to sleep with a foreign object srcaping your eyelid is tre worst thing. I also have an eye cup. Put saline solution or water in it, press it to your eye, lean back and open your eye. Goggles beat glasses and face mask 100%.
I will be looking up an eye magnet now thank you thank you thank you!!! And yupp also no facemask goggles it is!

I see musti grinding stuff without eyewear and it drives me nuts.

I have been very lucky thus far not having anything ever get trapped but I could imagine sleeping with something stuck in the eyeball would be not only terrifying but very very annoying
 

Thepartsguy

Well-known member
Messages
1,529
Reaction score
1,412
I need two kill switches some new chain and chain tensioner. All that will be ordered online and have to ship.

I cannot ride it without being able to shut it off.

BUT I did squirt some fuel in the carb with a bottle and HOLY :censored: Thing is gonna be an animal.

The exhaust is ear bleeding it fired up second pull and I may have have gave it a bit to much fuel because it stayed running for a solid 10 seconds and then starting idling up as it leaned out.

ALMOST had me scared there… ALMOST
 

Thepartsguy

Well-known member
Messages
1,529
Reaction score
1,412
You dont need 2 kill switches.
Just wire the 2 coils to one switch.
Mount said switch on the steering wheel for best reach in an emergency.
Umm I tried one switch only on the blue rockwell 440cc buggy and it messed with the starting and coils to fire the plugs.

I tried one switch on the duel engine Briggs gokart and it messed with the coils and gave starting issues.

go to YouTube and type (junkyard digs twin engine gokart) and notice from factory it had two kill switches as I’m sure only using one messed with the coils and gave starting issues.

After all the troubles I’ve had in the past with wiring two coils to one switch I’ll just wire each coil to their own dedicated switch.
 

Thepartsguy

Well-known member
Messages
1,529
Reaction score
1,412
I see. The coil doesn't like to "see" the other coil. Use a double pole single throw switch then.

Trying to fumble 2 switches just before you crash isn't fun.
they make long lever switches and I use them in a slap down configuration on everything. Down being the “off” or “shut off” and up being on.

Pops taught me that. No need to fumble or mess around trying to reach down and pull both switches upward.

Two close together switches and if at any point something is off just “slap down” to kill power.

And it makes it super easy to remember down is off up is on.
 

Thepartsguy

Well-known member
Messages
1,529
Reaction score
1,412
I have a 5/8 jackshaft and 12t sprocket in the junk pile.

Might make an idler sprocket instead of an eBay chain tensioner. Not sure yet.
 

Thepartsguy

Well-known member
Messages
1,529
Reaction score
1,412
You want the tensioner on the slack side, not the pulling side. a tensioner on that side will just flatten out and be useless.

In a world where I NEED things explained to me like I’m a 5 year old re-reading this sentence finally made it “click” on why a tensioner on the pulling side won’t work.

Now that I think of it if I had solid mounted the tensioner/idler on the pulling side it would have broke instantly or worse busted my chain case right off entirely!

This place and all it’s members have saved me from so much hassle and continue to!
 

Thepartsguy

Well-known member
Messages
1,529
Reaction score
1,412
I would consider notching the frame now instead of waiting for it to self clearance.

And now the bad news! When the chain tensioner flexes on the slack side the chain is gonna hit the frame anyway i’m guessing?

What’s everyone’s think? Bobby gets a 20 minute head start? 30 minute head start? Oohhhhhh when we catch him it‘s gonna be glorious.
 

panchothedog

Well-known member
Messages
2,919
Reaction score
3,957
I think you need some SERIOUS ear protection before your first ride. You and that exhaust pipe are going to get to be pretty good friends, ( actually probably enemies ).
Totally agree on the kill switch concept. When trouble arrives, nothing faster than a quick slap downward.
 
Top