Ride Videos: GEGcorp2012 Trike

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
I took the Dirt Bobber out for a spin today. Need some advice on how to make a vibration proof camera mount. I tried a piece of conduit pipe with flanges that bolt to my sissy bar, and it worked <kinda>, but it was too rough to get a good video in the yard.

20150106_023549.jpg
20150106_021824_1.gif

So I set up the dash cam on the gas tank and took a ride on the smooth stuff.

I will produce a video using what I got from the dash cam. It should show the leaning trike is a blast to ride where you have room to wind out the gears a bit.

Last edited:

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
I once bought a little bag of elastic type "bungee" cords, about 6" long relaxed, hook on each end, multiple colors, about 20 in the bag, for something like $5 at Harbor Freight? I think. Experimented with making a spiderweb kind of setup for my old camera to take video on the kart. Camera did not have electronic stabilizing, so it wasn't the greatest.
Used some pretty thin 1" flat bar I had, bent 4 pieces about 10" long a little to "clamp" in pairs onto my square tubing, bolted them tight. Multiple holes drilled along the length of the (now upright pair) flat bars, made a web of sorts about 7"H. x 10"W. that fished thru some zipties I put around the camera body. Couple more zipties to grab some of the bungees, vibration was handled beautifully. Any bumpiness driving was not damped out, but overall it worked pretty good, you could do similar.
Didn't get perfect until I got a 4K Campark sport camera for $54 on ebay, came with all the various connectors for mounting, and has built-in EIS stabilization. Point being that's what those cameras are made for. Still have the old one, and it stays at home. Right camera does right job.
Another $8 for a hard-shell camera case with pluck foam precut for GoPro cameras works great, you'd never regret getting a case.

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
Here is it... I edited last night and just pushed it to YT.

Keep in mind the video is more about the ride than making a a great video. I will try a GoPro next week and see how much better that works.

Lolo Pat

Reaction score
I have a GoPro 8 and it has far better stabilization than the earlier models. I've only used it on my bicycle and it's very smooth. Like to see your GoPro results on your trike ;)