• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Ride options

Thepartsguy

Well-known member
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
1,383
ehh the thread went the exact direction it was supposed to.

Again I would use good discretion to F with cops who have bad discretion. If I was a cop and told someone they are free to go I would instantly without thought be drawing my service weapon on anyone who tells them they are not free to go.

If I was a police officer I would be ecstatic to draw a service weapon on another cop over a gokart or mini bike.

Especially if it’s a kid I told who was free to go i‘d take it as an officer telling him he wasn’t free to go after I said he was free to go as the other officer trying to kidnap the kid. Wouldn’t fly by me.
 

Wicked_Daddy

Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire!
Messages
188
Reaction score
302
Location
Texas, Y'all
This is not advice:

Just ride the kart around your neighborhood or off in the closest woods or wherever works that doesn't piss someone off. The chances are probably slim that a cop wastes their time on you if you are not being unsafe, screwing with traffic, or mowing down someone's garden. If you get stopped, just being super respectful, play dumb, say your sorry and that you will take it home now. I'm 60 and this approach has worked for me every time - streets, school parking lot, etc. Last time I asked the cop if he wanted to try it out. He really did but knew he couldn't. Had a laugh and we parted ways. I still ride it over to the high school parking lot and rip some laps before zipping through the neighborhood to go home.

OK, well maybe it is advice.
 
Top