Rev limiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bshinn

Reaction score
Want to remove the Gov from my daughters kart, but not quite ready to have her running around @ 7K rpms. Would like to electronically govern it until she gets a little older. Any suggestions?

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
For a cheap solution you could buy one of those really cheap electronic shift lights they have on ebay all the time and wire the light up to a relay which trips the kill switch. I did this on my Sidewinder buggy with a motorbike engine but it's the same principle, cuts spark when you reach the limit then engages it when it drops below. It's also infinitely adjustable so you could lower it if other kids drive the kart.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
For a cheap solution you could buy one of those really cheap electronic shift lights they have on ebay all the time and wire the light up to a relay which trips the kill switch. I did this on my Sidewinder buggy with a motorbike engine but it's the same principle, cuts spark when you reach the limit then engages it when it drops below. It's also infinitely adjustable so you could lower it if other kids drive the kart.

Not a bad idea, but will it work with an OPE engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.