Replace or Rebuild Comet 20 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

akitchell

New member
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
I recently purchased a gokart off CL. After stripping everything down, I found several issues with the TC. It's a comet 20 and I am trying to decide if I should purchase replacement parts for those that are damaged or purchase a new TC. If it would be better to purchase a new TC, what recommendations do you have?

Parts w/ Issues (see pictures):
Shoe driver assembly
Sprocket
Hub driver
Driver drum
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0689.JPG
    IMG_0689.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0690.JPG
    IMG_0690.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0691.JPG
    IMG_0691.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0693.JPG
    IMG_0693.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 1

Denny

Canned Monster
Messages
11,999
Reaction score
8,508
Location
Mayberry, Indiana
I could be wrong ,but that looks more like a 30 series with the flat back shieve. From the looks of the wear on that thing I myself would replace rather than repair, it seems everything is worn on that sucker. :surrender:



Denny
 

akitchell

New member
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
I thought it was a 20 based on the driven hub as per the attached picture. Thanks for setting me on the right track. This is my first go kart.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 0

akitchell

New member
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Thanks! I currently have a 420 chain. Is there any reason to change to a different chain size?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top