Removing governor on gx200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Themurraykart

Reaction score
I have a 6.5 hp clone from hf. I added a header and now want to remove the governor. I would like to keep this engine so how do I properly remove the governor and what parts do I need to replace for it to operate safely above 3600 rpm. Also who has just removed the governor and kept it stock, and what are the results?

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Have a look in the FAQ section under "helpful links..." There's a lot of gov-removal related info there. As for modifications, it's really a matter of intended use. You could spend a ton on a full-out race setup, replacing everything but the block, or keep it near stock, and have your RPM limited by way of valve float, carburetion, and/or gearing. Your call.

Personally I believe the choices look like this- do the full-on race motor only if you intend to race sanctioned events- otherwise its not worth the money. For high-revving homebrew fun that won't break the bank, you're better off with a bike, sled, or quad engine. Its not hard to do for a lot less money that the race setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.