Rekluse Clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertduler

Reaction score
Has anyone on this site ever used or drove a shifter kart with a Rekluse clutch? I am going to build a shifter kart in the near future and I am going to use my KTM 540 four stroke engine on it and I was thinking about using a Rekluse clutch set up, I have rode dirt bikes with them and I did not like the loss of the engine braking but in a kart that would not matter too much to me and I would like the clutch less shift feature, My engine has electric start so I am not worried about bump starting it. The clutch can also be tailored for slippage and power delivery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0QM6L9xr54

doggerss

Reaction score
for a shifter kart its a must have in my opinion. have a kx250 with a rekluse and does make it more fun to run and your not worried about stalling. kx doesn't have electric start so that's a issue. shifter kart doesn't really need engine braking either like a off road bike or quad does. brakes work great to haul it down.

Desertduler

Reaction score
for a shifter kart its a must have in my opinion. have a kx250 with a rekluse and does make it more fun to run and your not worried about stalling. kx doesn't have electric start so that's a issue. shifter kart doesn't really need engine braking either like a off road bike or quad does. brakes work great to haul it down.
Thank you,I think a Rekluse would work excellent for a kart and you confirmed it for me. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.