Rear Axle, Batteries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuechco

Reaction score
Hey guys,
since I recently learnt how to weld, I am planning to build an electric go kart. The motors I want to use are two MY1020 1000W scooter motors(36v running on 48v) combined to give me enough speed. I thought about 4 12V 34Ah lead-acid batteries. Can I ride for 45 mins? Does anybody have some experience with these motors?
Next thing: The real axle. I'm not sure how to fix the bearings to it. I dont want the axle to slide within the bearings. I found a bearing in ebay with a hole on it to screw it tight. http://cgi.ebay.de/4-Flanschlager-F...pt=Wälz_Kugel_Rollenlager&hash=item230409509e

Is this the usual way to do that?

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
yeah. those holes are called set screw, or retaining screws and theyre used to keep it from sliding back and forth.

do you know how your going to hook up the throttle to run both controllers at the same time??

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Look up pillow blocks.

Run one bigass controller... or twin controllers off of one throttle/potentiometer.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
34aH will get you over 45mins even with a bit of thrashing. Sounds heavy though lol.

Chuechco

Reaction score
Four of these 34Ah batteries weigh 45kg (100lbs).That's heavy I know. But I found them at a good price on the internet. Maybe I will take smaller ones though...
There are these chinese motor controllers. I could take two of them, but thats not the best choice, I think...
I'll buy one big controller able to give 150Amps. Does someone have a suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.