re prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Didn't you ask this same question on a different thread before? If you have never built a go kart, you're probably better off sticking to one engine. Putting two on can get complicated.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Yeah you already asked and everyone told you to use one and maybe modify it if you feel the need you already got a honest answer

dirtrider69

Reaction score
i think it would be hard to get the rpms going at the same time and some one said about hooking up 2 throttle cables will be hard and i am with them on that

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
Engines have to be absolutely identical.
It used to be (maybe still is) that karts running twin engines had engines that were purchased at same time. Some kart engine manufacturers actually sold them in pairs for the reason that certain key specs change over time due to tooling wear and other controllable/uncontrollable factors. No two engines are alike even under the best of conditions.
Someone in another thread posted a YouTube video with twin chainsaw engines and, if you listen to engines, are clearly not synchronized. It does work and works well but one engine is dragging the other one down slightly and I would almost bet that its making the builder crazy :furious2:with adjustment tweaking of carbs.
If you are new to this hobby then I would only repeat what I and others have said. Start with one engine. You have to crawl before you can walk.
Single engine kart kits are reasonably priced and fairly easy to assemble.

Pa and Corby

3203 yerf dog & Appco
Reaction score
2 motors? maybe

I have heard of a Guy racing a cart with twin 250 2 cycle engines that ran on alchol, I wouldnt suggest it for the average guy/cart though, he had to tear it down after each race, the alchol eats stuff up, ya know!

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
That's kinda odd tearing it down after each race.
This is usually done to ensure that it is running at its optimum in every race. Typically, a Yamaha KT 100 kart engine has to be completely rebuilt after 100 miles because of the "Full Out" conditions these engines endure.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
I know why its done its just odd. Go kart racing you dont have to be as consistant as drag racing, one tiny change in anything and your dial in is useless for dragin

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I can't believe the preciseness of the dial in... I've seen a few of those and it kinda seems like voodoo to me.

gregles

slipn "n"sliding
Reaction score
weve gota kt 100 and we just do a piston and rings every 50hrs nt by miles ay .

Status
Not open for further replies.