Razor Dune Buggy Upgrade

b00stedz06

Reaction score
Just finished this bad boy and wow was it a lot easier than the Razor Drifter upgrade - 40MPH Razor Drifter

This thing is soooooo much fun as the torque is INSANE. I haven't gps'd it yet but its not that fast, maybe 18-20mph, but the 0-15mph is SO QUICK which makes it a blast.

Specs:

- 48V 1500Watt 5200RPM Brushless Motor and Controller to match
- 48V 10Ah Lithium Battery (BtrPower on Amazon) $200
- Upgraded 48V throttle

One thing I am wondering is if I can upgrade that big gear in the middle (between the sprocket on the motor and the sprocket on the axle) so the small sprocket is a bit bigger, to increase the speed.

IMG_2506.jpgIMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2504.jpgIMG_2505.jpg

DonutHands

Reaction score
If you did it again, would you opt for the same 60v setup you did on the drifter upgrade?

b00stedz06

Reaction score
If you did it again, would you opt for the same 60v setup you did on the drifter upgrade?

Great question - answer is YES I would have gone bigger, but in my case I already had the 48v motor and controller sitting on the shelf from the v1 Drifter build so all I had to buy was the battery. I may just upgrade this battery to a 60v. The power as-is is plenty, but yeah of course you always want more. I will try to get some video asap.

ts2340

Reaction score
Hey how much were the other parts? I just got a razor dune and want to upgrade. Thanks!

CyrilBog

Reaction score
Great question - answer is YES I would have gone bigger, but in my case I already had the 48v motor and controller sitting on the shelf from the v1 Drifter build so all I had to buy was the battery. I may just upgrade this battery to a 60v. The power as-is is plenty, but yeah of course you always want more. I will try to get some video asap.
Waiting for the video🙂:banana:

go now
monitor pc activity

Last edited: