Racing in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homemadgokarts1221

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was talking with my dad about racing go karts and he finally gave in. I just have to find a kart, and get some gear. I was wondering if anybody from Ct or even anyone on here knows about races at Stafford Motor Speedway? It seems like every add on craigslist mentions this place, but I can't find any info on races or how to enter. :huh:

Homemadgokarts1221

Reaction score
I hate to be like this, I feel like everyone thinks i'm too lazy to find answers myself, but I have looked and looked. Do i need a roll cage? Or can I have an open kart? If i joind JR outlaws, what does the weight stand for?

redsox985

Reaction score
Apparently you are too lazy to find answers yourself. If you would have just clicked "Divisions" then "Jr. Outlaw" on the provided link, you'd find not only the weight requirements, but even what types of steel to use for the frame/cage.

"Combine a 5 point seat belt, a welded on full perimeter roll cage, sprint car styling, a clearance and sealed box stock raptor III motor built specifically for a children's division 11 to 14 years of age and an adult class of 14 and over - you have a Wild Thing Kart Outlaw

This kart was all new for 1999 and is built to fill the need for an inexpensive way for parents and their kids to have fun. The Outlaw is built from a blend of mild steels. 1-1/8" diameter tube makes up the roll cage construction and is welded to a 1-1/8 diameter chrome moly chassis. This chassis incorporates a unique flex design for front and rear of the kart. This lets you control the amount of flexibility in your kart. It also has an adjustable seat, adjustable steering post, spindles with bearings, slotted motor plate, fixed 6 degree spindles, double bar nerf bars, sprint style rear bumper, fiberglass tail and an aluminum body.
"

anderkart

Reaction score
I hate to be like this, I feel like everyone thinks i'm too lazy to find answers myself, but I have looked and looked. Do i need a roll cage? Or can I have an open kart? If i joind JR outlaws, what does the weight stand for?

That's the minimum weight the kart and driver have to weigh for each class. The lighter drivers have to add lead weights to their kart so its more fair for everyone. Otherwise the heavier drivers wouldn't have much of a chance of ever winning.

Before you buy anything, your first step should be to go out to a few races and just hang out in the pits. You'll find the guys racing in your class and be able to talk to them and get all kinds of good info you'll need to know. They'll probably also know of some used karts for sale that are already all setup and adjusted for racing in your class at that track.

Let me know if you have any more questions, I like to help :thumbsup:

Homemadgokarts1221

Reaction score
:iagree: if everyone was like anderkart and not like redsox we would have a perfect world. thats for being a :censored: redsox.

redsox985

Reaction score
I hate to be like this, I feel like everyone thinks i'm too lazy to find answers myself

I think you are. You were given a link which got you within 2 click of your answers.

:iagree: if everyone was like anderkart and not like redsox we would have a perfect world. thanks for being a :censored: redsox.

You can't be serious. What did I do? You came here and accosted us for answering your original question with a link, to which you replied in a very cocky manner saying it was useless. I clicked the link, clicked two links on the page, and found YOU the info YOU wanted, on MY FREE TIME!!!!! AnderKart is a competitive racer and knows the ins and outs of racing and its different classes. I'm a backyard karter with one homebuild kart to my name. I found YOU the info YOU wanted, in seconds of MY time. A think a thank you is more fitting than a new @$$hole.

oooooohhh.... redsox gettin showed up ;)

Is this kid your friend? I know I'm by no means an adult, but I do still have a shred of respect for those willing to help me with no benefit to themselves.

brandongeiger2

Reaction score
....d@mn if you didn't want to help him than you didn't have to. Blue and Homemadegokarts are just being defensive because of what you said you didn't need to say hes being lazy, that's just unnecessary no ones going to listen to you if your like that. I don't have anything against you bro I'm just saying that was kind of uncalled for.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
all of you on the forum that help out, thanks, i try to return the favor as much as possible. but brandon's right that if you didnt want to help you didnt have to haha.

Homemadgokarts1221

Reaction score
I am like blue I try to return the favor to all of you, but sometimes I just don't have answers. Thank you to all the people who help out on the forum, because that's what it's made for. It's made for amatures like me, to post questions and get responses and answers from people like Anderkart, and Brandon and everyone like them. If you didn't want to waste seconds of your life then you shouldn't have done it. I'm too lazy to deal with you. Peace man. Next time I will click on every little peace of we page before I post a thread....

redsox985

Reaction score
I had no problem answering your question, but had you clicked AnderKart's link, you would have answered all of your questions and not had to have said "I feel like everyone thinks i'm too lazy to find answers myself" because you could have easily found all of the answers by yourself from the given link.

Homemadgokarts1221

Reaction score
I did click his lick how do you think I knew the weight classes. I know nothing abou this stuff and I'm just trying to get into it.

jrmints1415

Reaction score
i just looked at the website and found the answers instantly without much effort... either you are awful at finding info online or you did not even try. Harsh as it is im gonna have to side with redsox on this one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.