Race Kart Chassis ID Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denn69

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
pa
Hi guys, I am new to the forum this is my first post. My name is Dennis and i live in eastern PA. I picked up a Kart a few years back for my son. I got it in trade for some atv parts. He wasnt able to reach the pedals so I put it on the shelf and there it sat till the other day. He is 12 now. We took it down gave it 2 pulls and it fired right up. Tires are shot and it could use some adjustments. He wants to get into racing now and I really dont know to much on setting up karts besides the basics. I was wondering if anyone here has ever seen a chassis like this one. I have done numerous searches but have not seen another one like it. It has some unique stuff it seems. There are adjusting screws mid way on the chassis, I guess this is to tighten frame flex. Also, the brake and Sprocket are on the same side. Where the front spindles or kingpins attach to the frame is adjustable. You can actually pull the wheels out of the frame to adjust how wide you want the front. I havent seen this in any other pics of karts I looked at. The motor is a 212cc predator and is mounted wrong from what it seems. It should be level I think. I need to fix that. Other than that it runs great. Any help with Chassis ID or comments on how its currently set up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Dennis

PS. Those are my wifes feet in the last pic LOL.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1492.jpg
    IMG_1492.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1491.jpg
    IMG_1491.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1495.jpg
    IMG_1495.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1510.jpg
    IMG_1510.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 8

anderkart

Moderator
Messages
6,431
Reaction score
386
Location
Surprise Arizona USA
Very cool kart, welcome to the forum denn :thumbsup:

Its totally normal for 4-cycle motormounts to have a 15-degree forward rake on racekarts like yours.

Your kart does have some very unique features but I cant tell what brand it is. Unless anyone else here can ID. it, I'd suggest you try sending your pics to this site and ask Rod if he knows: http://www.vdm46.com/contact.html

I'd also sugest posting another thread with your pics in the general discussion section at this forum: http://karting.4cycle.com/
 

denn69

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
pa
Thanks. That was starting to bug me looking for a mount that was level. I really appreciate it. I would have assumed it would have to be level with it being a 4 Stroke for oiling. The first thing I did was check the oil in the motor and it showed it as being good. Then I jacked the Kart up to where the motor was level and it was low. So I filled it to the proper level and let the kart down. Dont know if that was right but it seems right to me. Ill try to post in the other links you suggested and see what I get. Thanks again
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Thanks. That was starting to bug me looking for a mount that was level. I really appreciate it. I would have assumed it would have to be level with it being a 4 Stroke for oiling. The first thing I did was check the oil in the motor and it showed it as being good. Then I jacked the Kart up to where the motor was level and it was low. So I filled it to the proper level and let the kart down. Dont know if that was right but it seems right to me. Ill try to post in the other links you suggested and see what I get. Thanks again

UMMMNNNN....NO...You've probably overfilled your engine with oil. But...probably not by much. Tilted engines are typically run with slightly less oil.
 

denn69

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
pa
Ok, Thanks thats good to know. So It seems when it comes to Karting I should take what I would believe to be right and do the opposite LOL. So all kidding aside, because I really dont know the proper way Im going to have to ask. When checking the oil in a tilited 4 stroke kart engine, should I just go with the reading on the dipstick the way it sits (tilted)? I really do appreciate the help. Any idea on who makes it? Thanks again
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top