• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick bits

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Haven't been on much lately, house buying is a bit stressful, but that's life. Finally figured out what the career equivalent that my dad is here in Nebraska. Out here they call it a Stationary Engineer. A grade 3 (lowest) Stationary Engineer starts out at what I'm making now, maybe a few dollars an hour more. Quite a few books I'd have to buy, and a there's a lot more to get the First Grade (highest) license, but that comes with a lot better pay. So it's something I may look into. Benefits tend to be better, so the incentive is there. Wish I had found this out 3 years ago.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Gettin learnt, right on. Best of luck on the buy!

Anybody ever get the dumb idea to hot rod their leaf blower?
Please tell me I'm not alone.

Nope, you're all alone on this lol, or I haven't tried to yet.

Actually got some very irritating news today. Found out that even though we paid, essentially double the cost of the appraisal to have it rushed, they told us that it won't be done until maybe May 21st or the 24th at this point. For context, our closing day is supposed to be this Friday, May 14th. Called up our lender and told him, what was the point of essentially doubling the cost of our appraisal to have it rushed, when no date was set in stone for it. He agreed and told me since they can't take his word for our frustration, he wanted me to email him it so he could forward it to them. Basically boils down to how unprofessional and unacceptable this whole ordeal has been and that we demand half or all of our rushed appraisal cost back, and still have the appraisal done in a timely fashion.

I'm livid about it this whole thing. Already know that we won't get our appraisal rushed fee back, because that's just life.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Mention the word lawyer and you will receive your bogus fees for services not rendered back so fast your head will spin. Ask me how I know.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
my family has been dealing with a crystler town and country that went to the shop because it stopped running and returned with transmission issues theres been lots of fees and soon to be a lawyer involved lol. anyway MY truck finnaly runs and i found out the coolant temp sensor was causing most of the issues sheesh. so we did get the truck registered and insured on paper plates currently and my mom has been happily daily driving it to work and back, also we drove it an hour to indy and back last sunday not a hiccup. did i mention this is my first vehicle and i fixed it by myself? lol. and somebody gave me a free wheel horse and yard trailer. and my gfs dad gave me a free 125 tao tao quad. and i got a couple power wheels from the dumpster and stuck drill batteries in them :roflol:

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Speaking of the appraisal, just the fee alone is $850, not $350 like we thought. If we wanted to put a rush on it, we would had to pay an additional $1000 MINIMUM plus the $850. So almost $2000 for an appraisal. No idea who thinks that's remotely acceptable.

Anywho, far as we know as of yesterday, appraisal should be happening this friday, May 21st and we can close by monday next week the 24th. Have to push it to the 28th due to my wife's work schedule.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
So the home appraisal happened yesterday. Looks like everything went smoothly. House appraised around asking price so no complications there. By this time next Friday we should have all the paperwork signed and mostly moved in by the weekend.

chados

Reaction score
This year, the first and second stages of kart racing have finally taken place. I now have a new chassis, previously I used the USSR chassis now my chassis is a Suisse Hutless 2011. I also made changes to the engine, I installed a 70mm block and piston instead of 68 before. And I made a new clutch from Rotach Max old version, now it's dry and made for a 219 chain. Our endurance races, we run 1 hour continuously. On the first day I arrived 4, on the second day I had problems with the gas pump and after half the race there was a descent. In the near future I can post a video about this.

I did not upload it to YouTube, now it is only to Facebook, but today I will upload it to YouTube.

At these competitions, my friend ran into an oil leak, and his ARC connecting rod got stuck. But now the delivery to Russia from the USA has become very expensive and the terms have increased, the ruble has also fallen very much and spare parts from the USA have become expensive for us, but I hope he will solve this problem.

Attachments

• 0YDo9xe9dww.jpg
    0YDo9xe9dww.jpg
    780.8 KB · Views: 4
  • dc3vQ9es5Ug.jpg
    dc3vQ9es5Ug.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 4
  • mk2QvCDgkAQ.jpg
    mk2QvCDgkAQ.jpg
    641.7 KB · Views: 5
  • OsN9yuSaT_o.jpg
    OsN9yuSaT_o.jpg
    722.3 KB · Views: 4
  • U_JxTufuyBE.jpg
    U_JxTufuyBE.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 4

Kartorbust

Reaction score
So yesterday, we closed on our house finally and started to move in. Glad to have a garage now to do some work. Even with everything added to the mortgage, we are about $19 per month less than our apartment rent. So that saves us some money in that regard, but not in the aspect that we have to pay for gas, water/sewer and property taxes. But overall we are happy to have a home. Only thing that we need besides washer and dryer is internet.

karl

Reaction score
So yesterday, we closed on our house finally and started to move in. Glad to have a garage now to do some work.
Right on, good to hear! Hope the buggy goes well.

Finally got that parts washer thang goin, lots of use planned.

using Zep degreaser diluted with water, for now.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Before we bought our house, we knew the basement had a water leak. The sellers of the house had the yard re-graded, but that did not fix the issue. They had seeded new grass in the area that they had redone, so I ran the sprinkler for about an hour on Sunday. Well went into the basement found a substantial puddle of water (its essentially an underground utility room, concrete floor only). Well today ran the sprinkler again for like 5 or 10 minutes, checked along the foundation up high nothing.

Looked down and no idea what caught my eye, maybe some bubbling, found a gap towards the bottom at a corner where the foundation meets the concrete floor. Over time it appears that the mortar had eroded away causing water to come in. So now need to buy a wet/dry vac and a caulk tube of Flex Seal and seal it up. Should be a temporary fix until we can have drain tile installed outside.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Just rent a mini excavator and do it yourself. It’s way fun and a boat load of money cheaper.

That might be an option, but would require me to have a larger vehicle. Currently only have a 2010 Mountaineer with a class 1 hitch. Would need at least an F150 or F250 to tow one. Could rent a truck. Or I might just do it by hand with a shovel.

karl

Reaction score
Before we bought our house, we knew the basement had a water leak. The sellers of the house had
Glad they were honest. Hope the drainage solves it. How old is the house? Mine's 58', cracks for days.
Support plates added for the basement walls, no leaks thankfully. Full basement? How much land ye gots? Nuff for some
karting :cheers2: ?

I installed a 70mm block and piston instead of 68 before.
So 212cc instead of 208cc? Or is the stroke less than 55mm? Thanks for the update,
I hope your friend can find the replacement parts he needs. I think it's awesome that
you keep interest in sport, even if parts are difficult to source.

Got me a new toy today, 2016. She's fun. My brother approves. IS700 ferris,
full suspension so you don't spill your brew...

Attachments

• 20210609_210653.jpg
    20210609_210653.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210609_210711.jpg
    20210609_210711.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210609_210816.jpg
    20210609_210816.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 2

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Glad they were honest. Hope the drainage solves it. How old is the house? Mine's 58', cracks for days.
Support plates added for the basement walls, no leaks thankfully. Full basement? How much land ye gots? Nuff for some
karting :cheers2: ?

So 212cc instead of 208cc? Or is the stroke less than 55mm? Thanks for the update,
I hope your friend can find the replacement parts he needs. I think it's awesome that
you keep interest in sport, even if parts are difficult to source.

Got me a new toy today, 2016. She's fun. My brother approves. IS700 ferris,
full suspension so you don't spill your brew...

Build date is sometime in 1898. Old part of the house has a partial brick foundation. "Newer" part is elevated with blocks. The small town...well out here anything under like 1000 people is considered a village, has a population of 861.

Picked up a Hart (new brand Wal*Mart sells) 5 gallon wet/dry vac in stainless steel. Filled it up all the way once, and probably partially filled it after I had emptied it. Installed nearly a hole caulk tube of Flex Paste (it's under the Flex Seal brand) in and around the cracked. Probably added way more than needed, but screw it. Wanted to make sure it's not going to come through there. So wherever water comes from next, just keep sealing it until it can't anymore.

House has 9' ceilings and thick walls. Remember, house was built late 19th century, so construction is with course cut lumber...basically if it said it was a 2"x4", it was an honest 2"x4". Need to replace the T-stat. Nothing wrong with it, just want a smart T-stat to help with keeping electric and gas bill low. However the current one is an older one that has Mercury in it, so disposing of it is going to suck until I find a house hold hazardous materials place. Also waiting on Windstream to come out next Friday to do our internet. Probably going to take quite a bit of time for installation on that due to I doubt this place ever had DSL. Could've had satellite, but that's expensive and unreliable at best.

We have some long term projects for this house and we are hoping to stay here for at least 10 to 20 years or longer. .3 acre lot all together, so we have room to expand a bit. Other than needing more power in the garage, I also want to put either a sink out there or even a half bathroom.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
Build date is sometime in 1898. Old part of the house has a partial brick foundation. "Newer" part is elevated with blocks. The small town...well out here anything under like 1000 people is considered a village, has a population of 861.

Picked up a Hart (new brand Wal*Mart sells) 5 gallon wet/dry vac in stainless steel. Filled it up all the way once, and probably partially filled it after I had emptied it. Installed nearly a hole caulk tube of Flex Paste (it's under the Flex Seal brand) in and around the cracked. Probably added way more than needed, but screw it. Wanted to make sure it's not going to come through there. So wherever water comes from next, just keep sealing it until it can't anymore.

House has 9' ceilings and thick walls. Remember, house was built late 19th century, so construction is with course cut lumber...basically if it said it was a 2"x4", it was an honest 2"x4". Need to replace the T-stat. Nothing wrong with it, just want a smart T-stat to help with keeping electric and gas bill low. However the current one is an older one that has Mercury in it, so disposing of it is going to suck until I find a house hold hazardous materials place. Also waiting on Windstream to come out next Friday to do our internet. Probably going to take quite a bit of time for installation on that due to I doubt this place ever had DSL. Could've had satellite, but that's expensive and unreliable at best.

We have some long term projects for this house and we are hoping to stay here for at least 10 to 20 years or longer. .3 acre lot all together, so we have room to expand a bit. Other than needing more power in the garage, I also want to put either a sink out there or even a half bathroom.
Power in older, non renovated homes is a constant problem. Ours was built in '49 and has 100 A service. In the summer in GA, that gets maxed out real quick.