• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick bits

Nosandwich

The REAL Poboy
Reaction score
Place to post a quick item not worth starting a thread for. Could be anything from had a flat today to kid brought home straight "A's".

My quickie is opening the back door a little while ago expecting a cat or possum eating cat food. Two BIG raccoons took off!!!!

Gonna get cold here soon.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
Taking my daughter to home-away-from-home-school this morning, there was a horse loose in the subdivision.

Nosandwich

The REAL Poboy
Reaction score
Last night my LG flat screen TV decided to stop working. Sound is good, video gone. Pretty sucky....but hey.....

Oh well beats getting drunk and smashing your 42" flat screen because you lost your balance. Ummmm....or so "a friend of mine " tells me.:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Taking my daughter to home-away-from-home-school this morning, there was a horse loose in the subdivision.

Here in Ft. Worth, we'd be looking for the cop it threw.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
Had to put a 20+ yo cat to sleep yesterday. She was as tough as it gets, spent most of her life outside. Time marches on.

Nosandwich

The REAL Poboy
Reaction score
Had to put a 20+ yo cat to sleep yesterday. She was as tough as it gets, spent most of her life outside. Time marches on.

Google: 'Rainbow Bridge'. Do not do this in eyesight of any other men, unless you want them to see you cry!

However, it is a comforting little story.

Sorry for your loss, I still occasionally look at the front door half expecting to see Sammy for a half second.

That's the problem with pets, we outlive them.

Panhead5496

Reaction score
EZ I am very sorry to hear that. Pets are just animals but we get so dang attached to them it truly hurts when they pass on.

It sounds as though she had a good life, and she passed on peacefully.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Saw this just laying in the middle of the road not too far from where I live. About 5 minutes later after we turned around to see it again to get pictures of it, a John Deere harvester was driving by to pick it up.

maxpower49

Reaction score
Last night my LG flat screen TV decided to stop working. Sound is good, video gone. Pretty sucky....but hey.....

If you are decent with electronic stuff open it up and take a look for bad or bulging capacitors on the power board or if it is led it could be a bad led strip that could be fixed in a couple different ways depending on how in depth you are looking to get. I have fixed dozens of tv's for little to no cost. If you an shine a bright light on it and still see some form of picture moving then it is just the back light being dead and google has dozens of ways of fixing them.

Nosandwich

The REAL Poboy
Reaction score
Went out during halftime to go ahead and give the possums a little cat food. I opened the door to the sunroom, but didn't turn on the light. I could make out the bag of cat food in the dark and kinda thought it was funny it was on it's side. I reached for the top of the bag and felt something big and furry. I turned on the light and there is a possum halfway in the window with it's head buried in the bag.

I said "HEY! HEY! " Nothing. Reach over and start tapping the bag. Finally, it backs out of the bag, but comes all the way in the room, instead of going outside. So, now I can't close the window or I'll trap a possum in the sunroom. So, I go ahead and give the possums (and coons) a little bit on the back porch, then take the bag and give a little bit to the one that lives under the front porch. Then brought the bag inside the house.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are decent with electronic stuff open it up and take a look for bad or bulging capacitors on the power board or if it is led it could be a bad led strip that could be fixed in a couple different ways depending on how in depth you are looking to get. I have fixed dozens of tv's for little to no cost. If you an shine a bright light on it and still see some form of picture moving then it is just the back light being dead and google has dozens of ways of fixing them.

Thanks! I took the TV in to get looked at and get a quote for repairs. The repair cost was just too dang high, so for a few dollars extra I got a brand new TV that was on sale :wai:

Nosandwich

The REAL Poboy
Reaction score
Saw a 43" Sanyo for $248. I could wait for Black Friday and get one really cheap, but then I would have to fight the mobs.

Gonna rain all day, then go down to freezing for a couple, so, I'm just holding off on the weather. I have a 32" I'm watching now, so, no real rush.

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
Our LG flatscreen got killed by lightning about a month ago, along with a whole bunch of other stuff.

In other news, I was helping my dad pressure wash some wood at work and, lying in a junk pile, I found a 38 tooth 420 sprocket, with a 1" hub and a 1/4 keyway. And when I got it home I took a wire wheel to it to get some of the rust off, and the groves from where it was spun started to show.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
It amazes me how "resourceful" some people can be. So a kid was just hired where I work maybe 2 weeks ago as a used car lot porter (refuels, drives vehicles around etc), anyway he was tasked with fueling up a couple vehicles...one of which is a used 2016 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. So the bonehead somehow managed to fill the truck up with diesel...no idea how he did it because the diesel pump nozzles are physically larger than the gasoline ones and the gasoline fill hole.

Needless to say the truck would not start easily. Our service foreman decided to shoot carb cleaner down the air box intake tube and the engine ended up backfiring through the intake. So I ended up having to grab 2 5 gallon gas cans so they could extract the fuel out of the engine and tank. So hopefully this would be the only vehicle he didn't mess up...though I have my doubts as this is a common thing with sales people too doing the same thing.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
Kartorbust, I watched a lady pretty much do the same thing.

She pulled to the pump in her sedan. Grabbed the green nozzle and attempted to put it in the chingus. Of course it didn't fit, so she then attempet to butt the nozzle and fill but the fuel just ran everywhere. She laid the nozzle on the ground, opens the door and pops the trunk. Out came a funnel.

I couldn't believe what I was watching.

She then proceeded to fill up.

I still wonder why there was a funnel in the trunk. I don't think that brain level could handle a car with an oil leak in order to have a funnel on hand.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for one of these people to do it to a 6.7L Cummins or even the 3.0L EcoDiesel. Both are very expensive to rebuild and/replace...especially the EcoDiesel, because the ones that are now just hitting lots being sold at 2018s, are a good year old, as they have been sitting in warehouses while FCA comes out with a different flash update to meet EPA emissions (FYI, these are not marked as 2019 Classic Ram 1500).

Panhead5496

Reaction score
WOW! Man people are crazy...how can you put the wrong fuel in a car that the nozzle doesn't even fit in LOL

Reminds me of a time a few summers ago that an elderly family member went to buy gas for the jet ski over the 4th of July. Apparently, the gas station was so crowded that he did not notice he was putting diesel in a 5 gallon can. Then when he was putting it in the jet ski (which, btw, was a SeaDoo supercharged 4 tech, and they can be finicky on a good day...goes like a bat out of heck when it feels like lol) he even noticed that the "gas" smelled funny. He just thought it was his imagination. Yep, 5 gallons of diesel in the jet ski. Got a couple 100 yards from the dock and it started skipping then just died completely. Had to tow it back in and take it to the shop...they got it running like new again, but we never let him forget about that lol. One family member made a sign for the jet ski that said "WARNING: Unleaded Fuel Only"". We still get a good laugh out of that. Crazy part is the jet ski shop told us that they get boats/jet skis in fairly often where that has happened!