Flexibel_kampfe
Hopeful for building kart
Since I am thinking of designing a go-kart from scrap metals from the local dump(hey.. theres usually tons of metal there) I want to design it to be as fast, crash friendly(you'll see why,) and as all terrain as possible...
I was thinking that I would want it to beable to be used on Dirtbike/ATV trails, but in the sandpits as well(we have some out here in RI.) Since this is where my friends tend to ride(parents would never let me get a dirtbike, but perhaps with a 4 wheeled vehicle it would be fine(considering I am a year from getting my permit...)
Can a go-kart travel these? The design I was thinking about would be a 2 seat(since I am sure people would want to drive/ride it) and using a salvaged/HF engine... What is the minimum CC/HP for these?
Would a go-kart be able to handle jumps(like sand dunes) if it has a suspension(I like my *** thanks...)?
Can these generally handle mud and small creeks okay(we have some definate wetland around?) The clearance would be atleast a foot, as to accomedate stumps and jumps....
Can they tow things? I might try to register it(can you register custom vehicles) so that it can be driven on the street, to tow things for friends(like bikes.)
Is it common to have a battery to run lights and perhaps a radio off? Is this complex to run?
Thanks
-Flex
I was thinking that I would want it to beable to be used on Dirtbike/ATV trails, but in the sandpits as well(we have some out here in RI.) Since this is where my friends tend to ride(parents would never let me get a dirtbike, but perhaps with a 4 wheeled vehicle it would be fine(considering I am a year from getting my permit...)
Can a go-kart travel these? The design I was thinking about would be a 2 seat(since I am sure people would want to drive/ride it) and using a salvaged/HF engine... What is the minimum CC/HP for these?
Would a go-kart be able to handle jumps(like sand dunes) if it has a suspension(I like my *** thanks...)?
Can these generally handle mud and small creeks okay(we have some definate wetland around?) The clearance would be atleast a foot, as to accomedate stumps and jumps....
Can they tow things? I might try to register it(can you register custom vehicles) so that it can be driven on the street, to tow things for friends(like bikes.)
Is it common to have a battery to run lights and perhaps a radio off? Is this complex to run?
Thanks
-Flex
