question on aligning sprockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayde

kayde's tinker toys
Messages
50
Reaction score
1
Location
the village of struasstown
I have a two different engines to mount my question one with a comet tav and another with a centrifugal clutch.

Is there a preference on clocking the drive sprocket to the driven sprocket fore and aft.

With the tav does it matter on how close I get the two sprockets?

Only ask cause I'm kicking around exactly where I want to mount the gas tank on the red cart and the location of the engine is gonna determine where the tank goes.

If I keep the clutch in the forward position on the red cart and the tank on the pto side I'm gonna make a chain guard incase it pops it cant hit the tank or the on/ off valve.


Thoughts and opinions please.

And a huge thank you.
 

Attachments

  • 20180531_200016.jpg
    20180531_200016.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20180531_200057.jpg
    20180531_200057.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20180531_201302.jpg
    20180531_201302.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180531_200931.jpg
    20180531_200931.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 7

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Messages
2,673
Reaction score
98
Location
U.S.A.
I’ve seen them mounted every way possible as long as the chain stays tight and doesn’t come off you should be ok any way you prefer to mount them. And it turns the correct way. And nothing rubs on anything of course.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top