question about axle

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
just found new project at garage sale got it cheap enough I think?
it is a murray. engine is junk sprockets are junk jackshaft is junk steering shaft has been welded 1 to many times but steering linkage and tires are good frame is not rusted or broke seat is good . I was wondering if I could turn the axle around for a sprocket on left side would that cause any problems. it also had tc trashhad to cut all the sprockets and rotors of with torch.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
I don't see why not, as long as you make certain to line everything up and that the axle is properly keyed where you want to relocate the sprocket.

Go karts are very modular and can be set up to the owner's desires.

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
the only problem I'm having is placing the brake rotor where I don't have to replace all the linkage it was originaly on the right side. I have the ground clearance have you ever heard of putting them under the engine

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

I wish I could send pics but don't know how and probably too old and hard headed to learn I have been reading everyones input for a couple of weeks and have learned a lot. now seems like I'm addicted to looking for projects and trying knew things for me and my grandson to do together. everyone seems helpful and very dedicated about helping with go karts. I'm getting ready to retire and am looking forward to more go kart builds for other kids. kids are our future

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
You gotta learn to post pics. It is not that hard and with out seeing what you got it is hard to answer and questions.

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
I'm sorry the brake rotor was on the left side originally

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

I know how to take pictures on my phone but don't know how to do anything with them never had to can some body explain to an old okie hillbilly how to post

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
email the pics to yourself, then download to your computer. They should got to a picture file automatically. Then on the forum.
Click post reply
Scroll down to manage attachments
click that
a box will open
when you click choose file it should automatically open said picture file
double click the pic
and it brings you back to the forum box
click upload and then wait a few seconds and
click "close this window.
Then click preview post to see your picks.
then submit post.

Gosh that is more steps than I thought, but still easy. I learned it here.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (8).jpg
    FullSizeRender (8).jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 7

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
brake problems

:ack2:here are pictures of brakes it seems as if there is no adj. on caliper please let me know if they cam through. I guess I can look for myself
I am ordering parts from go power sports did I read somewhere that there is a discount available

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Nice pics!:thumbsup:
In your first pic the bolt sticking out the side of the caliper is the adjuster.
Also the last pic is of the brake rod. I think it can be adjusted there as well.

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
thanks didn't know if I would ever figure out the pics thing
somehow the lever on the caliper cammed over and wouldn't adjust unhooked everything pushed lever to the rear and it started working

Status
Not open for further replies.