Puzzled

Link63

Reaction score
I replaced the carb, on my Kt 196 Coleman cart. It now takes off right when you start it. I’ve tried both directions on the two screws on the carb, but no difference with the idle. It’s on a bucket and the wheels turn when running

pearl111

Reaction score
Pictures would help.

Maybe put the Wheels on the ground front and back

Put the front end of the cart in front of something so that it doesn't take off on you

Then try your adjustments again.

Link63

Reaction score
I tried what you suggested, but when I try to adjust screws on the carburetor, no matter which way I turn them there’s no change in rpm

Rat

Reaction score
I tried what you suggested, but when I try to adjust screws on the carburetor, no matter which way I turn them there’s no change in rpm
Run half to 3/4 choke , if the rpm drops to "normal" either the jetting is too small or maybe a kink in the fuel line, or maybe the fuel shut off gasket is a bit wonky and its starving for fuel, or you just have yourself an Ole fashion intake leak allowing it to suck extra air where it shouldn't be and youll need to to find it.

It's also possible assuming it's the same engine they used on the mini bikes (Coleman CT200U-EX has a Hisun 196cc [Gx200 clone] engine)

that either the throttle cable is pulled too tight or dragging, or the throttle plate has the pivot too tight and it's sticking.

I swapped out the throttle plate due to not having a specific little spring that China figured it didn't need to pull the throttle plate itself back to idle. The return spring they put over the cable is far too weak to draw the cable fully back to idle and should be swapped for stiffer spring.

Speedster

Reaction score
Take the throttle linkage off and see if the throttle changes.
(y) I would definitely tinker with the linkage. And maybe there's a screw you're not seeing? The idle stop screw should adjust the idle speed. The little throttle lever on top of or on the side of the carb should bump into that when the throttle is set all the way to low. But if you have already adjusted that, I would next check the linkage.

Rat

Reaction score
K.I.S.S.

Rule out the simplest stuff, then most probable before you monkey with things you aren't already highly practiced on.
Then you've got a blockage. EVEN if the throttle was stuck partially open the mixture screw should make enough change that seating all the way in should make the engine stumble at the very least. If the jetting is at least close to appropriate it will make it stall out entirely.

It's possible you got a defective carb, especially if you went for the cheapest POS China stored stateside.