Pumping fuel kawasaki 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zotarajohn

Reaction score
Need help trying to pump fuel on wheel barrel cart project! I want to put tank behind body or in front of radiator which will be mounted lower than the carb. Engine is off of a kawasaki 250 quad 5 speed with reverse and liquid cooled! Building a vintage t bucket / Alfred t style cart. Being the tank will be lower than the carb gravity obviously won't work here, I thinking that's how the factory set up was with the kaw ? Any suggestions or advise would be really helpful ! Electric fuel pump maybe? The quad did have lights and such so there must be some sort of alternater/charging system? Sadly no electric start! Help please!!!!!?????

Attachments

• IMG_20150831_134737.jpg
    IMG_20150831_134737.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20150831_134428.jpg
    IMG_20150831_134428.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20150831_134412.jpg
    IMG_20150831_134412.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20150831_134355.jpg
    IMG_20150831_134355.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 7

Bwdeaton

Reaction score
You could install an electric pump but i'm not sure how you can hook it up to that engine. i have installed one of these before and it is quite simple.
All this requires is a line from the tank to the pump and from the pump to the carb and then a vacuum line that goes from the intake manifold or boot to the vacuum input on the pump.
If you need parts I might have some, I have a bunch of mojave stuff.

Zotarajohn

Reaction score
Fabroman, how do I ask questions under the heading of projects? Isn't this question what the engine section is all about or am I just to old school to understand modern technology???? One local guyin Ohio is willing to help out with no smart @$$ remarks and even offering to sell some parts if I need them! The section I originally posted in is "photo gallery and project log", I see nothing about about asking questions or asking for advise! Am I right or and I'm wrong? Every body always says they want photos! Maybe I'll just stop with the pictures! Not trying to be difficult here, just trying to use the "forum" for some "friendly" advise! After all I thought this whole hobby thing is suppose to be FUN!!!! As I have said before here, I am computer illiterate! When I was a kid, computers were made by I B M, and were the size of a large refrigerated! Response???????

OzFab

Reaction score
Ironically, your post in the photo gallery/project log section contains no pics but, does contain questions & requests for ideas, negating your reasoning for the thread being there...

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm trying to help you; if you're having trouble navigating the forum, ask & we will help...

Being a product of "the seventies", I know what you mean about computers but, they're much easier to use these days; all it takes is a little knowledge & patience...

As landuse pointed out, starting a new thread for every question not only makes the forum "messy" but, it puts some members off helping you, as you can see from the response in post #2; there were also similar responses in another thread which have been deleted...

Status
Not open for further replies.