Project Karts

Status
Not open for further replies.

85wrx

Reaction score
This is the first Kart that I built about 6 months ago. Mainly built using race kart parts that I collected over a year. It runs 2 49cc pocket bike motors that have twin boost ports. Took about 2 months from start to finish to complete. Never got both the engine working together so I broke this kart down and started again.

85wrx

Reaction score
I then decided to use the engines and build the kids identical go karts. Again using parts from race karts that I had collected. Just finished these and hoping to take the kids out on the weekend to see how they go. Once they get used to the power or lack of I had some victa 160cc engine togo in there place.

85wrx

Reaction score
Now that the kids are sorted it is time to build one for myself. Bought this go kart with a yz125 fitted. I have since removed the engine and the larger tyres. Have some spare wet weather tyres and a smaller yz80 engine to fit. Want to keep this as small and compact as possible. Modified the rear end so it now has 70mm ground clearence with the wet weather tyres fitted.
As you can see in the last couple of pictures I have brought it back to a bare frame. I have moved the axle rear by about 50mm and moved the front wheels 50mm futher forward to look better. Hope to have more done over the weekend.

85wrx

Reaction score
The grey cover on the seat is car carpet without the hard backing. Since romved all as the seats required some fibreglass repairs.

No videos yet as only completed karts last weekend. Looks like they won't be able to ride this weekend either due to the weather.

s&S

Reaction score
ahhh yeah tru **** weater her in newcastle too just i question how did you wire up the kill switch on the pocket bike engine cuz i no there is only 1 wire did you gofrom the swicth back to grounded n the engine

s&S

Reaction score
oops i more q what welder ae you using mig flux core wire or gas just curious

85wrx

Reaction score
Kill switch earths out on the coil.

Welder is a gas/gasless. I only use flux core wire with it.

redsox985

Reaction score
Just wondering...what kind of gear ratios do those little pocket bike motors run it looks about 15+:1

Status
Not open for further replies.