Problem with clutch with bigger tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

risto

...watches you sleep.
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Florida
Currently, I have 12" tires on my kart. I want to upgrade to 16", but when I looked at my clutch, the clutch-screw will make contact with the tire:


How do I resolve this problem?

thanks
 

THE_REAL_RAT_FINK

New member
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
hMMM

Well, if possible you could move your motor and sprocket in. My go kart sprocket is adjustable and the motor mount is too. Also, take a look at you clutch as that is typically adjustable as well. You would think putting go kart wheels on is an easy process, but it never comes out that way~!
 

my_mini_bike

New member
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
yeh, take of the blot and just use the key and grub screw. that what i do and have never had a problem
 

risto

...watches you sleep.
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Florida
It didnt come with any other set screws. That was the only one. Any place to buy new ones?

And Jb- The 12"s look silly now. When I welded the frame, I lengthened it to accomidate at least 15"
 

mikeandike

New member
Messages
232
Reaction score
3
do you have a tapping set cause if you do you can drill a hole in the hub part on the clutch and tap it. Put a set screw in and youre done.
 

risto

...watches you sleep.
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Florida
you don't want my 12"s. Trust me. Only 1 of them is good. 1 is shredded and the other two are so old, they're stuck onto the rim.

Aside from tapping my clutch, can't i just put a new screw in my clutch that wont cause a rubbing? In which case, where can i buy said screw?
 

risto

...watches you sleep.
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Florida
I just afro-engineered it by sawing off the grease tip and grinding it down a little. Now I just have to figure out how to put these tires on it since the new tires are slightly wider, too. Anyone got a good suggestion for bigger tires/rims?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top