pretty decent fire

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
So we were setting at the four way on the street and the fuel line on my pops old red kart popped off.. Sprayed fuel on the hot exhaust and exploded Into a fireball. we were in no secluded area people saw this happen. I ran off to Mr c’s Door and no dice no fire extinguisher. off to other Mr c’s door and no answer. by the time I got back my pops had the fire out. both of us without a scratch. Towed it home let it cool off and fed the carb some fuel and it started right up! run like a sowing machine. I panicked my pops did not. I would of lost it entirely he saved it. Good life lesson not to panic!9C0A81A7-D447-482D-BE3D-83EBB729CAB2.jpeg6D007332-8AE2-4388-AFE2-26A60CF30D7B.jpegED90DB38-6F2C-40A3-8128-C11317AC67F2.jpegE29C91D3-230C-49D5-BAD3-21B9670DCC9E.jpeg

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
So we were setting at the four way on the street and the fuel line on my pops old red kart popped off.. Sprayed fuel on the hot exhaust and exploded Into a fireball. we were in no secluded area people saw this happen. I ran off to Mr c’s Door and no dice no fire extinguisher. off to other Mr c’s door and no answer. by the time I got back my pops had the fire out. both of us without a scratch. Towed it home let it cool off and fed the carb some fuel and it started right up! run like a sowing machine. I panicked my pops did not. I would have lost it entirely he saved it. Good life lesson not to panic!View attachment 138158View attachment 138159View attachment 138160View attachment 138161
Nothing is easy or smooth for you, is it? Glad he could save it, totally repairable!

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
The trick is to act, not react. You reacted to the situation. Pops acted on the situation. Age and wisdom will teach you all this.
First thing in my head was gas tank.. then fire extinguisher.. I basically ran away from the situation. my dad grabbed a stick and moved the fuel line away. the whole engine/carb was engulfed. I took off for a fire extinguisher. and by the time I got back he had pushed it forward away from the initial spill. Then he said all the gas under the shroud finally burnt away and went out. leaving the carburetor still a fireball. Said he stuck his hand over the hole like we normally do to choke it for starting and it instantly went out. tomorrow I’ll go pick up a few fire extinguishers and bolt them to the karts/vehicle's these fire extinguishers are gonna cost me so that sucks. But it won’t cost me near the loss of anything I‘ve built so far.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
First thing in my head was gas tank.. then fire extinguisher.. I basically ran away from the situation. my dad grabbed a stick and moved the fuel line away. the whole engine/carb was engulfed. I took off for a fire extinguisher. and by the time I got back he had pushed it forward away from the initial spill. Then he said all the gas under the shroud finally burnt away and went out. leaving the carburetor still a fireball. Said he stuck his hand over the hole like we normally do to choke it for starting and it instantly went out. tomorrow I’ll go pick up a few fire extinguishers and bolt them to the karts/vehicle's these fire extinguishers are gonna cost me so that sucks. But it won’t cost me near the loss of anything I‘ve built so far.
see if you can pick up ABC, puts ‘em out good and less chances for liquids to infiltrate.