Predtor 212 mods/throttle limmiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelt549

New member
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Bloomington, CA
Hey everyone I'm somewhat new here and I just got my first go kart. It has a Briggs and Stratton 5hp fun power but I'm replacing it with a predtor 212 6.5 hp bought it at harbor freight yesterday night and as I was there I lost my phone -.- and I can't even hook up the motor today cuz it's poring rain here in Fontana California so pissed....

Besides that I wanted to know if there are any easy mods to make it faster or have more power u know to better the performance. I heard you can loosen a screw that limits the throttle where is that screw located at? And what does it look like. I'm new to fixing go karts and I'm only 16 with little to no experience please get back to me ASAP
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
there is such screw..
and I will not tell you where it is ;)

Main reason: you shouldn't!
What you describe as the throttle limiter is in fact a governor,
and it does more than just limit your throttle.

It is a small plastic gear INSIDE the engine that will break if only bypassed.
So in order to disable it, you will have to remove it for the safety of your engine.

look up "governor removal" and you'll see ;)

here's a vid for a greyhound engine (exactly the same principles apply):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7pCQ2D0M6o

'sid
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
"Somewhat new? "......Please fill out your profile so you don't "appear " totally new and clueless. ......

Besides pics when necessary- that's something anyone who has spent anytime on this forum knows is a must. ..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top