Predator pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbikerarlo

Old guy
Reaction score
Bought a 212 Predator this morning, so I thought some pictures would be a good thing.

Nice packageing, Air cleaner is weak, Throttle hook up is a breeze, it has cable attachments all ready there just loosen the 10mm nut on the lever, put the throttle cable and housing in the clamps and tighten the screws. The recoil is easy to remount for the rope pull direction. The oil shut down is just a bullet plug connector. Got it mounted up went for a ride. Started the first pull, has lots of power, I'll comment more after I break it in a little

Attachments

• perditor 019.jpg
    perditor 019.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 29
  • perditor 020.jpg
    perditor 020.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 37
  • perditor 025.jpg
    perditor 025.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 37
  • perditor.jpg
    perditor.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 122

DaiSan76

Reaction score
I am so glad I saw this post, I hadn't noticed the built in cable holder, and was trying to figure out how to fab my own. I have a working throttle now. :)

oldbikerarlo

Old guy
Reaction score
Well I put about 8 miles on and the wife put on a couple more, Not a hic-cup started on the first pull. ran strong, it has lots of low end. I like it.

BOTTLEDZ28

Reaction score
did you change the oil yet? if so then what did it look like? Any metal shavings that are bigger then a finger nail clipping?

Fran Golbie

Reaction score
I Ran out and bought 6 engines this week.Going to re-power all my Karts .Just could not pass up the 99 dollar deal.Put one on yesterday.Started second pull.Runs like a dream.now starts first pull with minimal effort. One thing I was not crazy about is the metal gas tank.It will probably rust out on me.( don't drive the karts much ). The motors I took off have 15 hours on them in 20 years.

Mr Powerdyne

Reaction score
just finished installing one for a buddy on his Doodlebug (that's another story) I bought 2 also...I went earlier in the week to buy one at $129 (that's what the website showed) but they were $149 in the store, asked the guy what gives, he said print the web ad and it's yours at that price....well they must have made the correction, it was now $149. I said ****, I'll get it anyway. Got there Friday night and noticed there on sale this weekend for $99.....so I bought 2. Like everyone stated, started 2nd pull and it has LOTS of torque, will pull wheel up no problem....pix to follow.

Fran Golbie

Reaction score
I'm starting today changing the engines on my 2 engine BKS grass hopper.I really hate to take the original briggs off but I think it is more cost effective to put the clone on for now.

rorsolits

Reaction score
Predetor

Anyone have a problem with the shaft on this engine being to short ( 2.5" ) for the c omet 20 series drive clutch to fit?

RobO

redsox985

Reaction score
That air cleaner is pathetic. I'm disappointed. What does a cheap filter actually cost? Other than that, I've seen/heard nothing bad about these engines, especially their torque.

T-man

Reaction score
Aaaa .... Fran ! you put 15 hrs on your your older engines in 20 years !!!! Eeek get out and drive them bad boys. You could always try to sell them if you swaping them out for the Predators

oldbikerarlo

Old guy
Reaction score
Well, I finally changed my oil for the first time. After minumun of 50 miles, I'm sure its a lot more. All I found was a very lite metalic specks in the oil. The oil itself was barly darkened and still smelled new.

Mr Powerdyne

Reaction score
As promised a few pix before and after. Everything fit but the clutch cover but I made a few brackets to extend and reach to the cover bolts....this thing is fast

Attachments

• CIMG2478.JPG
    CIMG2478.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 17
  • CIMG2479.JPG
    CIMG2479.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 18
  • CIMG2482.JPG
    CIMG2482.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 20

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
Geez...
Couldn't get rid of mine fast enough...pathetic crap.
Over-rated Chinese cow plop.
Yet most buy them up like there was nothing else available.
Cheap? Yes. Quality? Nope...not even a little bit.
Sad...
Don't you guyz have any balz?

Status
Not open for further replies.