Predator motor fuel shut off

d2freak82

Reaction score
I thought about this a bit after watching the engine run for a bit - I would image the shaking of the motor would cause fuel to end up coming out the overflow - all is well.... It's running great at the moment, I haven't put it under a load yet though.
I was planning to get it on the kart this weekend, but ending finding out the steering knuckle the wheel mounts to is busted at the tie rod mount. I ground the welds off both sides to reweld a new piece that's strong as to me it was very thin metal - 1 side had twisted badly and the other was completely broken off. Seems best to do both sides - that way when I send it (from other post about wheel and using kwiksteel), I don't break more stuff!

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Looks correct about being an overflow fitting, like the standpipe in a toilet tank. Bowl drain for sure, just didn't expect it to only drain out grossly excessive fuel level. Definitely needs to have some tubing drain it away somewhere safe from catching fire.
Bet somewhere there's an environmentally anal retentive person who'd insist on you making a homemade fuel catchcan.