Predator Hemi Stroker

kevinh.builds

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Predator 212 Hemi with a cast aluminum flywheel, mikuni clone, chromoly push rods, and 18lb valve springs.

I have been eyeing this stroker kit from EC Carburetors for a while, which I would pair with a new camshaft, Honda flywheel (different taper on crank), and valve spring setup. This would up the displacement to just over 223cc, which hopefully should add some extra hp.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this and what their experiences have been with a stroker kit.

kevinh.builds

Reaction score
I haven't found any posts so far of people doing this, so I didn't know if anyone has done it in the past and how they liked it.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Predator 212 Hemi with a cast aluminum flywheel, mikuni clone, chromoly push rods, and 18lb valve springs.

I have been eyeing this stroker kit from EC Carburetors for a while, which I would pair with a new camshaft, Honda flywheel (different taper on crank), and valve spring setup. This would up the displacement to just over 223cc, which hopefully should add some extra hp.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this and what their experiences have been with a stroker kit.
Don't waste good money on building a 223.2cc out of pred hemi.

There's soooooo much clearance problem you will run into. Not worth the extra tools and hassle.

Jus get a REAL kart engine, add a pvl flywheel and throttle kit. Throw that mikuni clone in the trash.

Bolt down and hold on.

Darren

Reaction score
I'm building a 265 out of a 224 Ducar/Predator engine, the 224 block makes life sooo much easier for any mods. It's braced and clearanced, all std components fit, great starting point. Get a 'road race' cam, flat top piston, 16lb springs, a little port work to the head, basic exhaust tube, worked carb and you've got a great little powerplant.
If you want extra reliability then get an ARC rod.
There's a facebook page dedicated to the Predator 224:

We have GX200 racing in the UK, engines are sealed with standard looking carbs, engines run okay. If you want a little more hp then go for an EC carb upgrade, but if budget is tight then stay with the original set up.

Hemi engines are a strange affair, better for a little tinkering to the engine, where the non-hemi is better suited to big upgrades.

kevinh.builds

Reaction score
You could just start off with a 224 Predator for less money and see how you like it.
Jus get a REAL kart engine, add a pvl flywheel and throttle kit.
The problem is that I already have the Hemi which I got for free, which I've kind of grown attached to. Plus it would be annoying to start from scratch. I might just end up buying a Wildcat 223, and trying to sell my current engine. Thanks for your input.

Rat

Reaction score
The problem is that I already have the Hemi which I got for free, which I've kind of grown attached to. Plus it would be annoying to start from scratch. I might just end up buying a Wildcat 223, and trying to sell my current engine. Thanks for your input.
Hemi heads in general are not great to build on due to excessive valve clearance needs over a standard wedge head...at least not if you plan on going big valves and high lift. The compression you can chase is limited to an 18cc chamber by the valve configuration where a wedge can go as tight as 12cc although that's going to be hard on on the rod and crank

panchothedog

Reaction score
You can buy a non hemi head pretty cheap. Might have to drill out a dowel pin hole. Other than that its a direct bolt on part. Your engine already has a flat top piston in it, so that is a plus. A little more.compression.

panchothedog

Reaction score
As mentioned by others above, don't waste your money trying to stroke the 212cc
engine. Spend your money on an ARC rod, a cam, and a good breathing standard head. You will end up with a more powerful engine.

Rat

Reaction score
You will definitely find it surprisingly powerful if you scrap the stroker idea, do a 18cc wedge (14cc if you can find one) head swap with 24# springs, appropriate valvetrain porting to smooth out flow, mild cam, and the billet goodies to prevent a big bad bang. Big valves are unnecessary if the porting is solid... velocity is a little more important than volume since the penalty of more flow volume IS less velocity.

Also noteworthy is that the Predator 212Hemi leaves no room to make stroking it a worthy endeavor. What are you really going to gain with only being 0.06 mm from being flush to the deck?!? A nightmare that what... far more potential gains by having it bored over and resleeved unfortunately 70x55 is already quite oversquare geometry