Predator 670 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
Does anyone have a vtwin predator? I think I can get one for about $500, but I need some measurements before I pull the trigger on it. I want to put it in my garden tractor.

ironbutt

Reaction score
Yep, putting one in my '82 Honda Sabre roller project.

The Predator 670 is about 18" tall with a footprint/base of 6" wide and 9" long. But, that doesn't account for the fan shroud, PTO shaft and cylinders sticking out from around the engine.

Also, it had a huge exhaust/muffler mounted on the drive side. You'll want to cut this off the header (middle of the header pipe) and then use a flex exhaust pipes (like from Rockauto) to relocate it.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Didn't those dipsh!ts calling themselves cars and cameras (Youtube) put one of these on a go kart and have a roaring success with it?

It sounded quite nice.

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
Yeah I just watched that one the other day, it started off leaving skid marks in their driveway, and ended up pulling wheelies.

I was thinking about putting one in my garden tractor to replace the tired 10hp, but I need a PTO on both the front and back if I am going to be able to mow. I might just have to re-ring the old Kohler.

It is possible to have an output on the front of that motor, but my #1 question is how high the crankshaft centerline is.

Status
Not open for further replies.