Predator 459cc vs 420cc questions

Apsmith4992

Reaction score
Ok so I've got a carbide 150cc(gy6) kart. Just fell off its last leg so it's time for an upgrade. I've seen lots on the 420cc just not the 459cc. Curious about some things.

Goals: yard cart to run around my acreage in maybe some trails. I plan on going 40 series with a 7:1 to help with the low end. 45mph would be ideal for a max speed. Kart has 20x10x10 out back. I would like to maintain coils for charging.

So with goals I'm not sure which way to go. The extra 5 ft lbs seems great out of the 459cc especially for a heavier 2 seat kart.

Also a few other questions. I know that deleting the governor is my own risk and I assume that by doing it. But I see some say add valve springs others don't. I plan on adding a tach so what rpm with stock rod and flywheel should I limit it to?

The 420 and 459 also seem to share the same carb size would it be worth going with an upgraded mikuni 34mm?

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Ok so I've got a carbide 150cc(gy6) kart. Just fell off its last leg so it's time for an upgrade. I've seen lots on the 420cc just not the 459cc. Curious about some things.

Goals: yard cart to run around my acreage in maybe some trails. I plan on going 40 series with a 7:1 to help with the low end. 45mph would be ideal for a max speed. Kart has 20x10x10 out back. I would like to maintain coils for charging.

So with goals I'm not sure which way to go. The extra 5 ft lbs seems great out of the 459cc especially for a heavier 2 seat kart.

Also a few other questions. I know that deleting the governor is my own risk and I assume that by doing it. But I see some say add valve springs others don't. I plan on adding a tach so what rpm with stock rod and flywheel should I limit it to?

The 420 and 459 also seem to share the same carb size would it be worth going with an upgraded mikuni 34mm?

Thread 'Predator max performance 459cc' https://www.diygokarts.com/community/threads/predator-max-performance-459cc.47615/

Apsmith4992

Reaction score
Got it on sale for 350 bucks. Need to figure out an exhaust. 420cc intake filter kit seems to fit on them just fine.

Attachments

• 20231023_164803.jpg
    20231023_164803.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 8

Oilpan4

Reaction score
Don't delete the governor. Just turn it up.
I have a predator 459cc, it's got plenty of power.
It's also got a big chinesium flywheel would really suck if it came apart at some insane speed.
It's also got a regular cast connecting rod, hopefully that would come apart before the flywheel.