Predator 224 engine

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,232
Reaction score
4,206
Wow, the 224 engines aren't even that old. I want to know how you 'wore it out'.

Welcome to the forum in any event! :cheers2: :welcome2:
 

panchothedog

Well-known member
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
3,961
The 224 uses the same bore 70 mm. as the 212. It gets its extra displacement by having a longer stroke. If you bored your block out to 74mm. It is probably ruined. OMB Warehouse sells rods pistons ect. Every hop up part you could want for this engine. I know this because I have built two of the 224's and bought everything from them. I don't know where you came up with 74mm.
 

panchothedog

Well-known member
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
3,961
Does 'bored out to 74mm" mean he will have destroyed the 'iron' bore?
I have no idea. But the next size up in small blocks is 72mm. I've also heard of some custom re-sleeved engines at 3 inches.. But those are like 76.98 mm. Have never heard of a 74mm piston. Hope he just made a typo.
 
Top