Predator 212cc Hemi Upgrade ?

cretella8348

Reaction score
Installed a stage 1 kit on my predator 212cc hemi. What is the next best step for more power.....mikuni carburetor, governor removal?

Attachments

• IMG_2598.jpg
    IMG_2598.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2604.jpg
    IMG_2604.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2602.jpg
    IMG_2602.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 10

PullHorse

Reaction score
Governor removal for sure and then that might be enough. Could go billet rod and heavier springs too. Looks good man!

Solomonster212

High Compression Member
Reaction score
This depends on how much money you want to spend on it. Little money = little power gains. Big money = big power gains.

If you want to go cheap then do a governor removal, billet rod, and 18lb valve springs. You should be around 85 or 90 bucks at that.

If you want big power and rpm, I'd do the gov delete, billet rod, some porting, HOT265 cam, billet flywheel, 24lb valve springs, oil sensor delete, mikuni, run maybe some 93 or higher. You should be around 300 bucks for that.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

That's a nice kart by the way.

karl

Reaction score
No one is going to mention raising the compression ratio?

Something that actually increases the pulling power of the motor, to help accelerate quicker with the same gear ratio?

Anyways deleting the head gasket should raise the ratio to around 9.5 to 1, Maybe 15% increase in torque? Piece of glass, some grinding compound, much cheaper than even a budget cam.

Then you might have a reason to run premium fuel lol

cretella8348

Reaction score
I thought if the governor was removed that a new cam, rod, and flywheel were needed as we’ll?.....or is that strongly suggested.

PullHorse

Reaction score
No one is going to mention raising the compression ratio?

Something that actually increases the pulling power of the motor, to help accelerate quicker with the same gear ratio?

Anyways deleting the head gasket should raise the ratio to around 9.5 to 1, Maybe 15% increase in torque? Piece of glass, some grinding compound, much cheaper than even a budget cam.

Then you might have a reason to run premium fuel lol

Does the 0.10 arc gasket count ? :D

Solomonster212

High Compression Member
Reaction score
I thought if the governor was removed that a new cam, rod, and flywheel were needed as we’ll?.....or is that strongly suggested.

Those are just highly recommended.

The reason you want billet rod and flywheel is because they can break at higher rpms.

I personally made about 10 runs with an ungoverned engine on stock rod and flywheel. But some other don't get that lucky, so upgrade and be safe.

mckutzy

Reaction score
No gov and stock springs with stock rod/flywheel is fine...
You start into changing the springs, then the rod will let go...

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
This depends on how much money you want to spend on it. Little money = little power gains. Big money = big power gains.

If you want to go cheap then do a governor removal, billet rod, and 18lb valve springs. You should be around 85 or 90 bucks at that.

If you want big power and rpm, I'd do the gov delete, billet rod, some porting, HOT265 cam, billet flywheel, 24lb valve springs, oil sensor delete, mikuni, run maybe some 93 or higher. You should be around 300 bucks for that.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

That's a nice kart by the way.
I’m going to agree with this, you can get as wild as your budget will allow. I’ve spent a lot of money on a couple of predators, and they are bad fast, but it took a LOT of money to get them to where they are.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Springs = flywheel.....

My last 212 hemi didn't get a new flywheel to go with its governor linkage disconnect because the stock valve springs will start to float around 5200-5500 rpms, so you can't likely spin it fast enough to shatter the cast iron stock flywheel. A 6.2 degree timing advance key took care of the poor stock timing.
My current 212 hemi does have a new PVL 28 degree flywheel (with 6 degree advance key) because it got new 22 lb. valve springs and will likely spin up 7200 rpms. That would be stupidly unsafe with a cast iron.