Predator 212 Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

cOw

Reaction score
No, this is not about an low oil sensor. :lolgoku:

The motor has two "holes" for oil, one has the dipstick, and the other is just a orange plug.

Why is this?

Also, my engine is on an inclined mount, so when I open the side with the dipstick, oil spills out. What is the best way to fill my oil now, because I think I spilled quite a bit of it.

OzFab

Reaction score
They have two for easy access no matter how the engine is mounted.

Just switch the two plugs or use the higher of the two to check/fill the oil.

Note: with the engine on an angle, obviously, you won't get a true reading off the dipstick

Nodroz

Reaction score
Put some blocks on the rear (or front, depends on what angle it is) of the gokart and then you could get the engine horizontally lined up. :D

cOw

Reaction score
Ok, now I have a new issue. When I go to run the go kart, the motor turns over, and then runs fine for maybe 3-5 seconds tops. Then it just dies.

cOw

Reaction score
Yah, I believe it is. There is a yellow wire that goes into the oil resivoir that has been cut and capped.

cOw

Reaction score
Predator 212, and the carb is clean. We just had to mess around with it for a while, put a bit more oil it in; then it ran fine. However, now after I go full throttle for more than like 5-10 seconds, the engine just dies when I start to slow down. Why is that?

anderkart

Reaction score
cOw, If your racekart has a 15-degree motormount like the pic below, you'll wanna be running between 14 to 16 ounces of oil. I'm not saying this is definetly why your engine wont idle now, but overfilling the oil-level certainly wont help...

PS:
You can block the karts front wheels up off the ground, until the engine is level. Then take a dipstick reading.

anderkart

Reaction score
:iagree: Russ is right.

They started out using 15-degree motor mounts so the stock fuel tanks (on 5-hp briggs flatheads) would clear the tire, and then they're also used to achieve air filter clearance for the OHV industrial type engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.