Predator 212 hemi

huffavery89

Reaction score
Hey I have a predator 212 hemi and I changed the springs in it it dosent change the vavle length but now my push rods at full hight are way to short don't know what to do

panchothedog

Reaction score
Hey huff89 don't want to offer just criticism, let me see if I can help you out. Sounds like maybe your push rods aren't seated correctly on the lifters. If you already know how to do this, then I apologize for walking you through it. First
pull off the rockers so you can see what you are doing. With a bright L E D flashlight, or maybe even the light on your phone shining down there insert the push rods into the concave on the top of the lifters. With the spark plug out so it will turn over easily, hold the push rods in place with the 1st & 2nd fingers of your left hand. Now turn the engine over SLOWLY with your right. Do this for several revolutions. Get the feel of the push rods rising and falling. You will notice that after the intake opens and closes then the exhaust does the same.
Immediately after the exhaust closes it will open again ( very little and very quickly ) . This is when both valves are completely closed. After reinstalling the rocker assembly this is the position for setting the valves. Set them both at .003" cold. I don't know if your engine came with lash caps or not. The non hemi
only comes with one. Whatever it came with it needs to be put back together in the same way, as this could affect push rod length.