Predator 212 bogging at slight throttle.

Shay A

Reaction score
First timer here so please be patient. I have a predator 212 only a couple hours on it with a upgraded carb and exhaust. I put a 130 jet in it also.

My problem is when I give a little throttle is bogs then a little more throttle it's fine full throttle is great also.. iv tried a 115 jet a 125 jet and a 150 jet I'm gonna try a smaller jet next but really not sure what to do it it continues. I put a better plug in it also.

Iv played with the air/gas mixture screw over and over just can't get that bogging to go away in the beginning. When I gun it it's a quick bog then alls good.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

karl

Reaction score
The idle adjustment screw does not affect the jetting, only idle speed dependent on what the carbs thinking.

What you need to slightly embiggen is the low speed jet. It's located under the idle screw, remove
said screw and carefully pry out the plastic jet below it. Either procure an emgiggened one or
do that to yours with a precision smol drill bit kit.

Neuts.jpg

Shay A

Reaction score
So I need to take it out? I tried putting in a 098 jet made it worse. How will Taking it out help? What does it affect? Just curious

karl

Reaction score
How will Taking it out help?
It won't.

It's what you do to it when its out , or what you replace it with.

Yes you need to take it out and do something with it. I just season to taste.

It effects what your having problems with. Your carb has two circuits , with their own jets. One
low, one high. Your only playing with the high speed jet, so it runs ok high, but not low.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Those gaskets look to be for a stock carb.
Wasn't actually about the gaskets at all, it was about the low jet being matched to the main jet. Too lazy to dig deeper for just the jet kit, and besides, you mentioned carb and header, but not the hi-flow air filter, much less the engineered venturi of the adapter as opposed to the flat-faced adapters.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, that link is to diyperformance, ie; Jerry Dover. He's the best and most honest hotrodder of small engines I know. Certainly has set up a couple of mine to make my hair curl up. Visit the store.

karl

Reaction score
Nr racing tells you exactly what you need, not just selling kits with no specific info on what your getting or why you need it.

Rat

Reaction score
The idle adjustment screw does not affect the jetting, only idle speed dependent on what the carbs thinking.
He said upgraded carb... if its the one I suspect (Hauyi) it is essentially a stock carb with an added idle air screw adjustment (No not at all easily confused for the idle set screw up top). I know this because I have one... and didn't like it's limited tuning range.
It did come with a larger pilot and 3 sizes of main Jet though 🤔