Predator 18lbs spring chrome Molly rods 0 lash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick0360

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
So I got 18 lbs springs and "stock length" chrome moly Rods which are a tad bit longer than stock anyway got it all installed and noticed that the nut to adjust the valve lash is backed just about all the way off and there's still zero lash I got my parts from affordablegokarts.com and been trying to get ahold of them for some tech advice but no response any ideas would be great thanks
 

Nick0360

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
And I did a billet flywheel as well is a billet rod really neccesary to install 18 lbs valve springs?
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Seriously, the stock conrod will let go long before the stock flywheel does...

-Compare the length of the new pushrods against the old ones; are they the same length?
-Make sure the pushrods are seated in the lifters correctly
-Make sure the cam lobes are not positioned to open the valves...
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
IIRC the pushrods are 5.260" in length... those are GX200 stock length (should match the old predator though),
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the hemi predator has a shorter rod stock..
(5.2" or something can't remember)

So, if you can remove one ball end (pressed in) you can cut a few hundreds off the rod and refit the end to match your needs.

Sorry, but I think this is just the wrong part.
you should have gotten the kit to cut the length yourself :(

'sid
 

Nick0360

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Ya I think I got the wrong ones too, I did compare and the new ones are longer by a balls length, any special tools needed to change that rod?, haven't seen any write ups on it
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Ya I think I got the wrong ones too, I did compare and the new ones are longer by a balls length

Contact the supplier & explain the dilemma, you will need to send them back & hope they have the correct replacements...

any special tools needed to change that rod?, haven't seen any write ups on it

What rod? The conrod? Yes, you'll need a 1/4" drive torque wrench
 

Nick0360

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Well supplyer is useless and won't respond, looks like I'll have to eat them, next ? theres some many different rods and length is there one that can accept the stock piston and is stock length I don't want to do any machine work. Also since I'm this far in anything else I should addres like a. Cam?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top