Power Wheels 12 volt Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman3

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a Power wheels 12 volt battery would power a set of 12 volt 55watt off road lights? if it would, could you guess how long it would power them for?

napalmfire

Reaction score
my friend is running two 12v 10ah batteries with a pair of the harbor freight 55w lights and he's put about an hour on it so far without charging. you can do the math to it and figure exactly how long to expect your lights to last on a battery but you'd need to know how many ah it is. I have a small powerwheels like battery and its only about 4 or 5ah.

the lights look pretty neat while youre driving too. you can see much better with them in dim conditions. gets a little more driving time out of the end of the day.

RanmaSal

Gen. tard with welder :)
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a Power wheels 12 volt battery would power a set of 12 volt 55watt off road lights? if it would, could you guess how long it would power them for?

Power Wheel batteries have come a long way. Pregio makes "power wheel" type carts and the battery in it is able to last 2 hours on a 50WATT motor. You'd be looking at about 1 1/2 hours on 1 battery to run 1 light at full power.

Goto BatteriesPlus+ and look at some of the batteries they have in there. smaller then the powerwheel batteries, solid core construction and have more amp hours. Hook 2 or 3 in parrellel and you'll be good for atleast 4-5 hours for less then 100 bucks!! total charge time is like 3 hours on a trickle. It's insane. Couple of 12V LiIon's would do it as well... the sky is the limit... there used to be a wheel charger you could buy for a bicycle that powered a light for the bike to use for night riding... I wonder if you could retrofit something like that to the cart with the battery system to make a small charging system to lower the amount of batteries and maximize the amount of time you had... Darnit, now you got me thinkin again!!! :ack2:

Status
Not open for further replies.