[PLEASE READ] 40 series medium cam roller weight

OPmini

moo
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi I own a Comet 40 series TAV and I want to up the stall speed without paying for it, so I am going to shave material off of my stock heavy cam rollers. What I need help with though is the weight of the medium cam rollers (Comet part # 203649) could anyone here please measure the weight of one 40 series medium cam roller and let me know how much it weighs (doesn't matter if in ounces or grams) so that I know how much material I need to shave off.

Thanks!

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
set clocks in at around 290grams (I think 288 total)

But since you must not change their outside diameter,
nor their inside diameter and should not change their width...
I wonder how you'd achieve that shaving off ~30some grams per roller
without messing up their rotational balance...

frankly.. buy a set since it is most likely afterwards you will have to buy one anyways.
and if you ruined the original set.. you can't even swap back

'sid

Dfish1247

Reaction score
Looks like all comet does is shave grooves in body of the roller, should be two grooves. Unless they are different density materials.

Now the fun part, the weights will have to be balanced, think crankshaft balance. If not, gonna vibrate something awful. It’s not just so they throw out evenly, it’s because you have rotating mass that the assembly needs balanced.

I agree, spend the $26 and get a set, lay yours back for a spare. Just your time is worth more than that.