Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylersmd1

Reaction score
hi everyone, i am 15 and just starting to get into go-karting and i have a brand new 4.5hp briggs engine. i am wondering if their is any way i can add more power to it. and i am also wondering how i can take the governor off!!! please help, i have no clue what i am doing any suggestions will help..thank you- tyler

Jblankster

Reaction score
the governor is simple to take off, but you will need a stronger piston,rod,and pin. your better off getting a str8 exhaust,air filter, and cam. the best thing of these is they are hard to fudge up. unlike real cars.

tylersmd1

Reaction score
ummm

thanks for the input,,but i have another problem, there is only one speed for the lawn mower. so to start it up you have to pull the throttle in all the way, there is no idle and if you let the throttle go it will die. how do i make it so it can function

tylersmd1

Reaction score
my bad

it is a vertical shaft...thanks for all ur guys time...i am just gonna get a new horizontal motor..:cool

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
you can score a cheap honda clone motor at pep boys, harbor freight, and i've heard Costco. There's others if those businesses aren't in you area.

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score

Attachments

• Blitz-Boy.JPG
    Blitz-Boy.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.