Please help

Roger

Reaction score
I have no idea what this is I'm trying to rebuild it for somebody never say anything like it it is a I don't know the name of it I know it's 149 CC's it has reverse electric start and it looks like a damn moped motor if somebody can tell me what it is and where I can get parts and be greatly appreciated

redflash

Reaction score
You have two separate posts for same question, please stay on only 1 post. You will not be answered more quickly by multiple posts

panchothedog

Reaction score
Hate to hijack this guys thread, but I just can't help myself. A couple of weeks ago on another thread several of us members were discussing the benefit of having a kart with a plug wire and kill switch only. I don't think I have ever seen a picture that proves that point more than post # 1 of this thread.
To new member Roger. Welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone will chime in here with some advice. I don't have any for you. Sorry.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
I see those wires and think throw it in the trash.

I play with utility engines and don’t use bait casters.

Lol sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_4028.jpeg
    IMG_4028.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4029.jpeg
    IMG_4029.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 7

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
you see the yellow shock on the left? Look to the right of it. That box? Now a little more to the right is the solenoid. Take the plug out of The head then put it back in the spark plug wire to check for spark. Jump that solenoid and see if you have any. If you do have spark awesome. Remove all wire’s going to nothing. The check spark again. cut one wire check spark Cut one wire check spark Cut one wire check spark. You will eventually cut the one coil wire you need and loose spark. That’s how I Eliminate wiring messes like that. Do that at your own risk though. I would find a different engine entirely.

electraglide

Reaction score
Welcome!

Hey @electraglide, can you help this guy?

I saw this earlier but I passed it up cause there isn't much to go on. Just a close up of wire spaghetti. But let's give a shot. To the OP ..... it's important to know what make and model the kart is ... we begin there. Take a pic of the whole kart .. maybe someone will recognize it. Take pics of the motor too at least three different angles. Look everywhere for a VIN number or model number, any labels ( I see one near the left shock but can't make it out .... that could give us a clue on what to look up ) There is another label on the bar next to that also ... could be the vin. There is a simple basic wiring harness diagram but applying that to your kart is a big guessing game. I see you have a rectifier ... that means you have a battery charging system and probably powers the lights and horn. What I mentioned earlier is the best start.

Last edited:

Roger

Reaction score
This is a two-seater electric start with reverse with a 149cc engine looks to be like a moped motor I can't find the numbers anywhere don't know what make or model the go-kart or engineers and I have no spark trying to figure out wiring if somebody could help me with any of these categories it would be greatly appreciated thank you and I'm sorry about the dual post that was

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
I assume it’s a Chinese buggy with 150cc GY6 engine.

I can sort of see the valve cover and it looks like a GY6 scooter engine. That’s about all the help I’m good for.

Here’s a video I never watched.

Roger

Reaction score
I assume it’s a Chinese buggy with 150cc GY6 engine.

I can sort of see the valve cover and it looks like a GY6 scooter engine. That’s about all the help I’m good for.

Here’s a video I never watched.
Thank you every little bit het