PLEASE HELP!

lstevenson1989

Reaction score
Need help identifying the make and model or manufacturer of this go kart/buggy I just got. It has a Yonghe JL1P57F motor. That’s all I know. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0646.jpeg
    IMG_0646.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0647.jpeg
    IMG_0647.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0648.jpeg
    IMG_0648.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0649.jpeg
    IMG_0649.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 20

panchothedog

Reaction score
Does it run? The type or style of the engine is a GY6. Most everything else is like stated above by Denny. Generic. Adaptable. If you need it, and it fits, buy it.
Its not like buying parts for a motorcycle where you must stay brand specific. Also welcome to the forum. Lots of helpful knowledge spread throughout the members of the forum. If you get stuck with a problem, good chance someone here will be able to help.

lstevenson1989

Reaction score
It turns over fairly well, haven’t got it running yet. Judging by the mess of a wiring job it has I’m probably gonna have to get a new harness and start from there.

lstevenson1989

Reaction score
If anyone has a wiring diagram for dummies or a wiring picture of how it should look that would be very helpful bc everything I’ve found online I can’t understand. Lol

redflash

Reaction score
what the boys mean by generic is that There are a few companies that make these in China......but there are dozens of companies that put their name on them and ship to the US. soooo most everything about them is mostly identical. they mostly have GY6 motors which is a Honda clone of a motor Honda put on the old "trail 90". That Chinese clone motor comes in a number of sizes from a 90 cc, 110cc, 150cc and 250''.
Mostly when those motors either die or get too difficult to find parts for..... people usually run down to harbor freight and pick up a predator 212
( 6.5 hp) for about $165.00 and adapt it to the Chinese Kart. The more adventurous get a predator 420 and fly !

Da redflash

panchothedog

Reaction score
The birds nest of wiring on those things scares the H_ _ _ out of me. Seems like 9 out of 10 of those things don't run after 6 months and it doesn't have anything to do with the internals of the engine. It all stems from the nitemare
wiring that is for some reason built into them.

electraglide

Reaction score
Seems like the major problem is mechanical rather than electrical. I jump start my kart and it ran fine ( not anymore ) could be a stuck brake caliper or loose TC belt. Electrical part is to get it started w/electric starter and to stop it ( kill switch ) all others are not necessary ... ie. lights, horn. What happens when you do get it running and stomp on the accelerator ? More suggestions based on your answers. Like .. what Yamaha engine is this a clone of. gotta be some marking on the engine. Also look for a vin number ... I have a Trailmaster MID XRX a Chinese made kart similar to many others out there. The vin was behind the driver's side part of the frame near the spring. Yours could be else where.

VIN Go Kart XRX sm.jpgKart OfferUp.jpgKart OfferUp 2.jpg

Last edited:

Sandmanbjj

Reaction score
The birds nest of wiring on those things scares the H_ _ _ out of me. Seems like 9 out of 10 of those things don't run after 6 months and it doesn't have anything to do with the internals of the engine. It all stems from the nitemare
wiring that is for some reason built into them.
I can attest to this. it'd a nightmare and no standard color scheme of wires.

Sandmanbjj

Reaction score
I am redoing a Chinese kart very similar to this as we speak.
I tried to redo one back to original. bought a new gy6, new wiring harness, new everything basically. when it was all said and done I got everything restored from the bare metal to Shiney new paint. but I couldn't get the electrical to work right. wouldn't start. but I could jump start it. at the end of the day I sold it for less than the motor cost me....
5 years later I came across another "deal" on the same type buggy. first thing I did was rip out the gy6 and all electrical and tossed it. I bought a welder and learned to weld because it was easier to learn to weld and fabricate a motor mount for the predator 459 I put on instead.
my 2 cents. I have yet to see a gy6 more than a 2 or 3 years that runs.

abcdef

Reaction score
I recently purchased the same go Kart and am wondering if you found out what make and model it is?