Hello,
I'm fixing a go kart frame that I received as a teen and finally have time to fix it correctly.
I'm trying to get the brake system on the go kart settled and I need some advise.
At the moment my go kart is the following:
Designed for off road,
2 rear wheel drive,
7HP with a Torque converter,
6:1 gear ratio,
Frame weight around 100 pounds (Guessing),
This is an adults frame that is actually too big for me at the moment. (I'm 5' 10").
At the moment I'm looking at a single disk brake mechanical caliper to stop the go kart. I realize there are probably better ways to stop it, but given the design of the go kart, this is all I can fab together.
My questions....
Is a Airheart Mechanical Brake caliper strong enough for my set up? If not, can you point me in the direction of a mechanical caliper that is?
Second question,
Since I am driving the go kart with a 7HP motor with a torque converter, is the 6:1 gear ratio too big? I want a good amount of torque for hill climbing, but I don't want to go 2 miles an hour down the road either.
Third question,
I'm trying to attach my 60 tooth sprocket to my drive shaft. It's 1 inch OD I believe? What would I need to attach the sprocket to this? I don't have the ability to directly attach it to the wheel hub.
Last question,
Do they make any extensions for the pedals? I've moved the seat already as close as I can. I can make engagement to the pedals, but not full engagement. So they make any extended pedals for go karts?
Thanks for all the help,
Jay
I'm fixing a go kart frame that I received as a teen and finally have time to fix it correctly.
I'm trying to get the brake system on the go kart settled and I need some advise.
At the moment my go kart is the following:
Designed for off road,
2 rear wheel drive,
7HP with a Torque converter,
6:1 gear ratio,
Frame weight around 100 pounds (Guessing),
This is an adults frame that is actually too big for me at the moment. (I'm 5' 10").
At the moment I'm looking at a single disk brake mechanical caliper to stop the go kart. I realize there are probably better ways to stop it, but given the design of the go kart, this is all I can fab together.
My questions....
Is a Airheart Mechanical Brake caliper strong enough for my set up? If not, can you point me in the direction of a mechanical caliper that is?
Second question,
Since I am driving the go kart with a 7HP motor with a torque converter, is the 6:1 gear ratio too big? I want a good amount of torque for hill climbing, but I don't want to go 2 miles an hour down the road either.
Third question,
I'm trying to attach my 60 tooth sprocket to my drive shaft. It's 1 inch OD I believe? What would I need to attach the sprocket to this? I don't have the ability to directly attach it to the wheel hub.
Last question,
Do they make any extensions for the pedals? I've moved the seat already as close as I can. I can make engagement to the pedals, but not full engagement. So they make any extended pedals for go karts?
Thanks for all the help,
Jay