pit bike to drift trike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghanem

Reaction score
Hey Guys i have net posted any thing long time ago and i think it is the perfect time to start this build i'll post some pics soon and i'll give details while the build is going

Ghanem

Reaction score
Here is the pitbike and as you can see the reason i want to convert it to a trike is because the inner tubes wear quickly and the chain keeps falling

OzFab

Reaction score
:huh: Inner tubes don't wear at all, they're encased in a tyre. If you're going through inner tubes, it usually means there's something in the tyre or on the rim which is piercing it...

As for the chain, more than likely, there's a simple solution to that problem...

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
missing "nipple tape"?
I think chafing band is your term ...

stiff rubber or canvas tape to protect the inner tube from sharp corners on the spoke nipple...

'sid

Ghanem

Reaction score
Other than these 2 problems guys i saw videos on YT of some drift trikes and i really liked the idea, so here is what i'll do i'll buy an old Chinese quad and get the rear axle off it and just figure out a way to connect it to the back of the bike so what do you guys think :rolleyes:

OzFab

Reaction score
I'll buy an old Chinese quad and get the rear axle off it and just figure out a way to connect it to the back of the bike so what do you guys think :rolleyes:

Yes to buying an old quad, no to joining it to that bike: A drift trike relies on a low COG which, by its very nature, no part of that bike can provide

Ghanem

Reaction score
here are some pics , it won't be that low i will raise it up and ideas ?
[/URL][/IMG]

OzFab

Reaction score
It doesn't look very straight from the rear, what happened?

So, how did you get to this point? It's not just about what you start with & how it ends up, we like to know what you did to achieve this...

jslider

Reaction score
Can you modify the the quad rear swing arm to bolt into place of the pit bikes swing arm pivot ?

Ghanem

Reaction score
yea i did some sketches yesterday and i thought of getting some 1inch square tubing and weld it on the quad swing arm of course i'll cut of the round tubing that has the bearings in it and then weld the tubing and weld some flat stock on the end of the tubing so i can bolt it to the frame so ya thats what i might do today i hope it works

Status
Not open for further replies.