Piston valve clearance

DirtyDogs446

New member
Messages
70
Reaction score
1
I just installed 1.2 ratio rockers from arc and they're site says to use 5.26 height pushrods, stock are 5.54. Also you need to clearance the valve cover for the rockers as well ( could be the tapping noise). I'm using the thinner metal gasket and the 5.26 rods are perfect. Also using the s.s valve kit with 26 lb springs. CM grind cam
I see you milled the head and are using a thin gasket so your rods are definitely too long .


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Wow that is great info thank you I did grind down valve cover I'm not sure what the sound was so I had the 5.26 also. I wonder I'd there is a size down from that
 

madtom

New member
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
What lift cam are you using? I've had a issue on 2 out of 3 predator hemi's with cam clearance issues with relatively small lift cams (cm grind 265 lift) that were supposed to be drop in cams. My motor everything cleared fine, the second motor the lobes hit the crank and engine block, third cleared the block but hit the crank. Just make sure the noise isn't clearance issues inside. No 2 predators are build the same from factory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
 
Top