Pioneer P61 98 cc chainsaw engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

loneagle

Reaction score
Brainstorming right now! This is another engine I have on hand that I could use on the mini bike project. This was actually a belt driven concrete saw. I'm having concerns about the clutch being strong enough and was wondering you folks thought? The bottom pic is what I have in mind for the mini. This one's running a McCulloch.

Attachments

• JoelWey6.jpg
    JoelWey6.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_2765.jpg
    100_2765.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_2766.jpg
    100_2766.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 19

loneagle

Reaction score
An old logger that lives nearby told me, It'll top out at around 8500 rpm. I'm not sure if this is correct!

Last edited:

loneagle

Reaction score
I got quite a bit done on the mini bike today and wanted to share some progress pics. Engine has been mocked up and templates for motor mount has been made. I also need some advice on running the belt form the clutch to the jackshaft pulley. I'm worried it may come too close to the exhaust. What would be a minimum distance? Also what kind of muffler could I use? I've been leaning toward getting a megaphone from JC Whitney like the one Russ uses. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to comment! John

Attachments

• 100_2772.jpg
    100_2772.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_2774.jpg
    100_2774.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_2777.jpg
    100_2777.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_2778.jpg
    100_2778.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 10

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
The engine should be the other way(straight up and down) Or just at a slight angle so the belt doesnt touch the exhaust.You can run that engine in any position.good ole 2 strokers.

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
It appears from pics that exhaust is directly in line with drive line. Can you re-orient engine so that cylinder is toward front of bike? This would eliminate interference.
Also, existing exhaust pipe is fine as is...if you can tolerate the noise.

loneagle

Reaction score
Sorry Russ, I was reading the wrong numbers as usual! lol

Wow, lots of RPM...What HP do you think it has? This may be too much for the little bike!

loneagle

Reaction score
The engine should be the other way(straight up and down) Or just at a slight angle so the belt doesnt touch the exhaust.You can run that engine in any position.good ole 2 strokers.

I tried it out this way, but the fuel tank will be on its side in this position. I wish it didn't have a fuel tank to deal with! I'll have to get the jackshaft in position then I can start messing around with the engine angle. I have a remote fuel tank I can try if I need to.

I could always raise the engine in the frame and locate the jackshaft below it. I can fab up something once I get it all figured out. Something along the lines of this mount but on a angle.

http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/MOUNTPLT.html?id=bqWM5BZY

This is pretty cool because both chains can be adjusted.

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
What HP do you think it has?
Don't know but will try to "ballpark". Later.
This may be too much for the little bike!
You will NEVER hear a statement like this coming out of my mouth.
Put on ruby red slippers and while clicking heels together, repeat the following statement over and over in your head.

"There's no such thing as too much...There's no such thing as too much...There's no such thing as too much..."

Eventually it will sink in.

Attachments

• Ruby red slippers.JPG
    Ruby red slippers.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 4

loneagle

Reaction score
Don't know but will try to "ballpark". Later.
You will NEVER hear a statement like this coming out of my mouth.
Put on ruby red slippers and while clicking heels together, repeat the following statement over and over in your head.

"There's no such thing as too much...There's no such thing as too much...There's no such thing as too much..."

Eventually it will sink in.

Yes Russ, I do agree! I've always been one of those HP types too! I've been involved with muscle cars and drag racing since I was a teen. The cars are just getting too expensive so it's time to get involved in something different. The 2 strokes are my favorites. I had a Kawasaki 500 mach III back in the '70s. Ever since then I've been hooked on em!

Status
Not open for further replies.