Picture of throttle setup on Predator, now a lets make this throttle better

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Here is the way my springs are setup on throttle, note they are not like the pictures ya'll showed me

View attachment 138108View attachment 138109

Whats up with the circled item?
Jus move it over to the next hole, or you can drill another small hole to place that spring in, IF you need a lil more rpm on the high side.

The throttle shaft being "off idle" is totally normal on governored engines when it's not running, this is for easy start up. It goes back to idle as soon as the engine fires up.

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Yeah that is true, we talked last night and are going to move forward with the trails ,they just don't like sidehilling, which we have to do now, with no trails.
I am going to look today, I ordered tires from bmi like 4 years ago for a project, they are knobbies just don't remember sizes, fingers crossed

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Yeah that is true, we talked last night and are going to move forward with the trails ,they just don't like sidehilling, which we have to do now, with no trails.
I am going to look today, I ordered tires from bmi like 4 years ago for a project, they are knobbies just don't remember sizes, fingers crossed
Nuthin' likes sidehilling... fingers crossed here too!

Karttekk

Reaction score
Here is the way my springs are setup on throttle, note they are not like the pictures ya'll showed me

View attachment 138108View attachment 138109

Whats up with the circled item?
That screw holds the pilot jet into the carb body and does have an effect on the idle speed. You can see the pilot jet under the screw head. The governor controls the idle for the most part, this screw will allow small changes in the speed though. The governor's purpose is to maintain engine speed under load.

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Okay tired of this setup....I just ordered a mikuni 26mm knockoff and a mikuni throttle cable. after playing around more. If I can hold the throttle at an exact spot ~between idle and full throttle...it drives a lot better, problems is it only travels about a 1/4 turn from idle to WOT

I will post results, hopefully the real mikuni jets fit it, friend has a bunch from the old days

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
So I got the carb, it has, idle air adj. And idle screw, took apart looks clean.
I adjusted float a little, becausr it stopped lower than over flow drain.
Ordered adapter and throttle cable...waiting...now