the guy said its a reaaeaealy old briggs edger
3.5hp model 60 briggs
cant wait
i'll try and get some pics up after i get it tomarrow

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
all i know is thats what he said
but, because im a little kid he said he would just give it to me for free because its for a good cause :)

oscaryu1

Reaction score
3.5HP... that'll be a great engine! New you said? :p

Lap the valves, decarbon the head and piston, new rings, port, straight header... :D

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
yea im gonna decarbon thehead and piston port it throw a staight header mabey new rings i dont know what lap the valves means uhh new gaskets and rebuild the carb

where can i buy carosene?

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Yes it can. I used it on my LawnBoy per Russ's suggestion. I got me a can of it at Lowes though. They had it where their paint section is.

Pa and Corby

3203 yerf dog & Appco
Reaction score
My grandsons cart had a 3.5 briggs, and it was just as fast as me (190#'s) in my yerf dog with a 6.5hp powersport, oh yeah ya might wanna put electronic ignition on it!

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
ok my comp is messed up so i cant put on pics
but i figured out after afout 15 min. of rubbing off spray paint over the stickers its a 2hp briggs easy spin start four stroke engine. i dont think i have any spark because i took off the wire on the spark plug, held it realy close to the spark plug and about 50 times i pulled the cord
no spark! then i pulled it again while i was touching it and i could bearly feel a zap
so i dont know

i think i found the model #
is the model number the same as he patent #?
if it is then the # is 2.999.491

i'll try and post some pics later

oscaryu1

Reaction score
ok my comp is messed up so i cant put on pics
but i figured out after afout 15 min. of rubbing off spray paint over the stickers its a 2hp briggs easy spin start four stroke engine. i dont think i have any spark because i took off the wire on the spark plug, held it realy close to the spark plug and about 50 times i pulled the cord
no spark! then i pulled it again while i was touching it and i could bearly feel a zap
so i dont know

i think i found the model #
is the model number the same as he patent #?
if it is then the # is 2.999.491

i'll try and post some pics later

Still a great engine :thumbsup:

Cleaning the points eh? First time I had that problem with a Briggs I picked up... Removed the starter clutch, flywheel, took the cover off, and just ran a piece of sandpaper/paper towel between them. Lots of goop. Started on the 2nd pull.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
remove the starter clutch
pry up on the flywheel, be careful not to pry on anything other than the cast wheel and the case
give the shaft a sharp tap with a hammer.

After you clean the points set the gap at .020", if you lack feeler gauges a matchbook cover is perfect. Before putting the flywheel back on tight slide it on with the key, remove the plug, hook the plug to the coil and set the plug on the head, you should get bright blue spark if you throw the wheel hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.