Picked up this guy for $150

Reaction score
So I decided to get this guy. I found it on Facebook for $150. (Yes, that's me with it on top of my Corolla.)

It's really narrow. I think it used to be a Chinese kids ATV then someone custom built the test of it. My main question is, is it possible to widen the axle, or replace it with a wider one? The front part is easy enough, but I think having a wider axle could make it more stable.

Attachments

• IMG_20200731_183052.jpg
    IMG_20200731_183052.jpg
    584.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20200729_155119.jpg
    IMG_20200729_155119.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20200729_155115.jpg
    IMG_20200729_155115.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200729_155128.jpg
    IMG_20200729_155128.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13

codeyell0

Reaction score
yup looks just like my kids ATV Chinese 110cc. just stretched
extending the axle would be beyond my ability using that rear end.

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
Watch those 3 lug wheels. I had some 110cc parts on a kart I made last year and they started bending until they split at each lug nut around the hub.

Had to upgrade to thicker center 4 on 110 wheels.

On the rear, I skipped using the 110cc carrier and went with one from a 350cc Warrior because the track width was a better match for the wider front end.

Look for my 2019 build off thread Yard Kart Therapy for all the details.

Good luck on your build, and keep looking for heavier duty parts. You will need them if you drive it hard into turns.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Watch those 3 lug wheels. I had some 110cc parts on a kart I made last year and they started bending until they split at each lug nut around the hub.

Had to upgrade to thicker center 4 on 110 wheels.

On the rear, I skipped using the 110cc carrier and went with one from a 350cc Warrior because the track width was a better match for the wider front end.

Look for my 2019 build off thread Yard Kart Therapy for all the details.

Good luck on your build, and keep looking for heavier duty parts. You will need them if you drive it hard into turns.

Thanks man. I cut the whole middle out, just keeping the back end and front end (it was so sketchy). Maybe I'll just save this stuff for a kid's cart as a second build. I still feel like $150 was a pretty good deal, because I basically got 90% of a kid's ATV.

jonlasaga

Reaction score
So I decided to get this guy. I found it on Facebook for $150. (Yes, that's me with it on top of my Corolla.)

It's really narrow. I think it used to be a Chinese kids ATV then someone custom built the test of it. My main question is, is it possible to widen the axle, or replace it with a wider one? The front part is easy enough, but I think having a wider axle could make it more stable.

I bet you could widen out the rear but there isnt really alot of frame width to work with in order to properly support the axel. You could widen out the frame in the rear but that might look funky and It definitely wouldnt be easy. Definitely an interesting kart though Ive never seen it done like that.

Reaction score
I bet you could widen out the rear but there isnt really alot of frame width to work with in order to properly support the axel. You could widen out the frame in the rear but that might look funky and It definitely wouldnt be easy. Definitely an interesting kart though Ive never seen it done like that.

But how would I widen the rear? Are there axle widening kits available? All I've found are hub spacers but they're not cheap at all.

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
FYI,

I tried adding a couple of hub spacers on my 110cc rear axle journey and decided to go with a larger rear carrier and axle off a 350cc quad.

My rear axle (by Tao Tao) had splined hubs with 4 lugs, so I tried adding (2) 1-1/2"" spacers on each side to widen it by a total of 6 inches.

The second picture shows a comparison of the 110 to the 350 rear axle and carrier.

The 3rd picture shows the complete 350cc rear and monoshock transplant with the motor plate being installed.

Reaction score
FYI,

I tried adding a couple of hub spacers on my 110cc rear axle journey and decided to go with a larger rear carrier and axle off a 350cc quad.

My rear axle (by Tao Tao) had splined hubs with 4 lugs, so I tried adding (2) 1-1/2"" spacers on each side to widen it by a total of 6 inches.

The second picture shows a comparison of the 110 to the 350 rear axle and carrier.

The 3rd picture shows the complete 350cc rear and monoshock transplant with the motor plate being installed.

Yeah, using an axle designed for the purpose is far superior. I'm really thinking about just saving these parts for a build for my kids and nieces and nephews and getting what I really want for me.