Picked up a kart project today, Anyone have info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lethal289

Reaction score
I have no idea what this is, or what its missing. It appears as if it is suppose to have a body or cage. There is a lot of mounting points that are unused. It runs! It has a briggs engine but the clutch seems to be stuck engaged. The steering wheel is marked manco products, but other then that there are no markings. Its easy enough to change out the steering wheel, so im unsure if thats the manufacturer. I'd like to know a little more about it if anyone can help.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 47
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 35

OzFab

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, Manco don't usually have the front of the frame as the axle, there's usually a bumper in front of it; does it appear that anything has been cut off the front?

The drive setup is obviously not stock, very few manufacturers (if any) use that type of jackshaft setup. I would even go so far as to say the engine isn't stock, it all looks a bit "home made" to me.

It's a very strange design, with the front axle right up front, the rear axle so far forward & lots of weight behind the rear axle, very unusual.

Blazkowiez is our resident ID guru; if he can't ID it no one can. Wait for him to chime in & see what he has to say.

As for the clutch, the only thing I can suggest at this point is open it up & see if there is an obvious problem. If you can't see anything, post some pics, someone may have a keen enough eye to pick the problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.