Picked this up for $50 yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentrek

Reaction score
It needs a new carb, or at least a float bowl for the one on it.

Shot at 2011-08-21

Shot at 2011-08-21

Sentrek

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I didn't hesitate for a second to go get it. I am hoping to slap a new carb on it, clean it up and make a quick buck off of it.

Sentrek

Reaction score
Yeah, that is the plans also, Im going to fix the steering, clean and repaint the wheels, scrub the seats, touch up the frame if I can find matching paint otherwise I will go with the closet match and just give the whole thing a coat or two of new paint, clean the motor, and refurb and repaint the clutch. I figure if I can do all that I should be able to get between $200 & $250 for it. I will have about $100 in it when its all said and done, unless I find a good used carb.

osso12

Kartman
Reaction score
unless I find a good used carb.

I might be able to help you with that Tecumseh carb.
Do you want new or used?
If you want new, see if you can get me a part# off the carb.
I think I collected a couple that were on running engines and should not need rebuilding..
In fact, I am in Mesquite. If you want to drive to Mesquite I will just give you one or a float bowl either way. Give me a call 214-773-7994 ask for kartman and let me know I replied to your post on this site.

Sentrek

Reaction score
That would be sweet, it should be a 640017 for a model # OHH55 motor. I will give you a call on my lunch break, I work close to mesquite.

osso12

Kartman
Reaction score
I have that carb. You will need the bowl gasket.
It came off running engine probably wont even need to rebuild it.
Your more than welcome to it.

Sentrek

Reaction score
What about using this 200cc Roketta Dirt Bike motor (if i ever get my parts) I have and turn this thing into a dead axle shifter cart??? Dangerous ?

Sentrek

Reaction score
Well this $50 kart is turning out to be a $50 kart, front wheels where toast, the hubs were 90% broken loose of the wheel. One of the front spindles was 3/4 of the way notched in half. The frame is broken in half right in front of the motor mount. Someone thought it would be a good idea to weld the nuts on that hold the front wheels. The band brake is completely gone.

The good news is I had a spare set of front wheels/tires, spindles, & band brake & thanks to osso12 a free carb.

Shot at 2011-08-27

Shot at 2011-08-27

Shot at 2011-08-27

Shot at 2011-08-27

Shot at 2011-08-27

Sentrek

Reaction score
yeah when i went back out i welded that angle iron that runs underneath solid clean across about 2-3 inches past both sides of the break

ryf

Reaction score
ugh I hate spots like that, I would cut off that downleg and weld in a sleeve of metal, notching that mount and tying it to the mount and the down leg and have at least 2-3 inches on each side, if you want even stronger, drill holes before sliding it on and fill in the holes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.