Personal Belongings

OffRoadGoKart2024

Reaction score
> But I'm thinking of taking it on a several hours long journey.

To me that says extra water, extra gas, tools and spare parts for whatever is likely to strand me, such as broken clutch springs and a belt. Air pump and tire plug kit. Way to start a fire and suitable rain clothes. I keep a real compass in all my trucks.

Though I see no mention of coffee cup holders for 32 oz thermos full of java. So, I don't see how you are considering a multi-hour trip without those vital items!

OffRoadGoKart2024

Reaction score
FWIW: My keys are all on tethers and rings, attached looped to my belt, not a clip. My Swiss knife (folding needle nose pliers - actually Leatherman Wingman) and other folding knife are on tethers. If I elect to carry a third knife, it is full tang. CLIPPED, and goes onto my gun belt, on the opposite side of my gun, depending how I am carrying.

I wear cargo plants with buttons on the side pockets and put snaps in the middle, so, stuff does not fall out when laying on the ground or riding trucks or equipment. I wear propper shirts with zippered pockets and my wallet goes inside a zipper pocket, while inside a heavy plastic press snap baggie. Otherwise it goes into a buttoned shirt pocket.

My fire starter (Swedish steel) is inside a hard eye glass case, inside a closed cargo pocket. Rubber fuel line around the steel rod. I usually carry a bag of 9 mill nitrile gloves, a small bag of paper towels (bathroom use, eye glass cleaning, wound closure, fire starting, etc.).

Rugged cellphone inside it's extra rugged case, goes into a pants cargo pocket opposite of whatever side the gun is on. Where it is almost impossible to carry a gun, a Beretta Bobcat .22LR with two extra mags (inside a hard case eyeglass holder) inside a secured cargo pants pocket (or shirt pocket) is better then the long gun with 90 rounds that I left at home.