Performance for the 5hp briggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

biddie_gibbs

Reaction score
i know if you have a honda clone you can get performance parts from NR-Racing but what about the briggs. where are the performance are filters and adaptors? i have searched all over the net. any sites to check out.any performance tips or tricks you yall sleeves? please and thank you:cool:

Jblankster

Reaction score
in school we got a 5 hp briggs. teacher says we can get it to 20 hp with very little parts. will get back to you about it :)

Matt1995

Reaction score
What would be the one part that would give me more torque? I want down low power not RPMS. If thats possible.

Well if you want lots of low end power to get up and go, easiset thing to do is to gear it high. You gear it right, a stock briggs will do burnouts! But without a torque convertor, you will be speed limited of course with a high gear ratio. But to enhance low end power, you can use a "torque tube" for an exhaust, specifically a Robertson's torque tube. Lots of racers use them with great results. Playing with the exhaust is a great way to fine tune the power band of the engine. Here's a link to all the Briggs 5HP exhaust pipes: http://www.robertsonstorquetubes.com/products_briggs5hp.htm#briggs5hp1r

Last edited:

biddie_gibbs

Reaction score
where do you be gettin these sites from?they off the chain! but everytime you give a new site my wallet wants to curse.More sites please

Matt1995

Reaction score
where do you be gettin these sites from?they off the chain! but everytime you give a new site my wallet wants to curse.More sites please

Lol, well i'm also on www.4cycle.com, where there is tons of info, mostly on racing karts and engines. Briggs info, Honda, ect, its all on there on the forums. I am planning on racing karts next year, so i'm doing a lot of research.. :) Building my import drag cars is just getting too expensive..so i wanted to do something more in financial reach, as well as fun! Unfortunately, the bills come first.

Last edited:

biddie_gibbs

Reaction score
i recently go an old briggs 5 hp engine. and it needs work. i have already tore the engine apart. see:

and

and

what type sealant should i use when putting engine back together?

also what size gap is this supposed to be?

and

i ask because the magneto thing scrapes the the top thing and the engine has a hard time completely turning over.and any gineral advise or tips would be appreseated

Jblankster

Reaction score
hey gibbs. we are working on a motor almost EXACT to it. i will keep you poste don what we do. we are shooting toward 30 hp.

:)

biddie_gibbs

Reaction score
30 HP man thats alot from a 5hp engine. i have some carbon build up in my engine. i have ran engine restore in my oil in cars and it works perfectly but can i do it for a small engine/ i would think so. is there any thing else that would help my engine from future breakdowns. and i took the engine apart but i did not see any governor. do you how where it is jblankster?

Last edited:

Jblankster

Reaction score
well first of all you can. but i personally wouldent. you risk blowing up your motor. your better off getting some performance parts for it :)

itll set you back a whopping $40 for all of it! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.